*** NOTICE *** XOOM

I cant say much bad about xoom because they wont let me use their services.

After I was refused, I created my web pages against xoom. Then, I made it a point to let them know. They permanently banned from from sending, or receiving funds. (A while after that incident, someone attempted to send me funds via Xoom, but was refused. :yahoo:  :rofl:  :rofl: ) 

• Like 2
shadow

I cant say much bad about xoom because they wont let me use their services.  Every time I try I get denied so I just send it with W.U. when I need that type of transfer.  Its more expensive, but it works without the BS 20 questions.  Plus its so much easier to physically send money via W.U. where there isn't any real questions when you show cash and an id.

WU was our favorite for many years. Then last year they cut us off, no explanation, no amount of phone calls or emails could remedy it, we simply cannot use WU any more. They managed to cost us $500 in lost business in the process.

We had many problems with Xoom years ago, but they remedied that when they added M LLuillier to their network. No problems with Xoom since, but I do know others are having issues with them. Paypal has become my method of choice, but it takes days to access the funds. I wish they would issue debit cards for Philippine accounts.

Paypal's recent purchase of Xoom will be worth watching.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I cant say much bad about xoom because they wont let me use their services....

Now I see things more clearly... :yahoo:

WU was our favorite for many years. Then last year they cut us off, no explanation, no amount of phone calls or emails could remedy it, we simply cannot use WU any more.

I went down that same road too.

• Like 2

I've already switched to Wells Fargo, but it is only good when you send money to the same person each time.  Adding a recipient is boorish/PIA and certainly to be avoided.  For those who are new here, writing a personal check to be deposited to you Philippines bank account is the most cost-effective way to send money...and the slowest.  Can't win them all I guess.

• Like 1
contraman

There are pages and pages of issues with Xoom and WU on the web,

Hell, just do a search of this forum and you will get all the information you need :(

hookedtothenet

They recently stopped a friend in the US from sending me a regular amount, stating that they think that it is a commercial transaction.

OK, no more Xoom.com

Remitly.com works fairly well.

I have been thinking of trying this one, catch is you have to send $1k min.

https://www.usforex.com/our-services/transfer-money

Anyone used 'USForex.com' ??

• 3 months later...

I'm sad to read of all the hard times folks have with the transfer companies. My first WU attempt was miserable, but they worked okay until I switched to Xoom. Used Xoom since 2012 regularly with only 1 security issue at the beginning. Clear sailing since. PayPal owes me $250 though so I am now looking for alternatives. I got an account at Metro bank, but they are saying there is $3.50 total in charges to deposit a US$ check. I am checking options at BDO next. Also, see separate topic about TransferWise. Just a week wait and GREAT EXCHANGE RATE.

Signed, Still Searching

RogerDuMond

I had basically the same problem with Transfast. Made multiple transfers with them over a couple of years. Then all of a sudden, with no changes on my part, they wanted hard copies of multiple identifying documents like drivers license, passport, and birth certificate. I told them to pound sand rather than getting togther all the paperwork and mailing it to them.

Haven't had any major problems with Xoom yet. I've had to do the anti-money laundering paperwork/questionnaire, raise my yearly spending limit and verify my bank account once. It all seemed like reasonable requests to me. But now knowing they are operated by PayPal I expect it is only a matter of time before something silly happens. I've had horrible experiences with PayPal as a merchant and they still have a couple grand of money locked up of mine that they are continuing to collect interest on. No matter what I do they simply will not give it back.

I use Wells Fargo now, so far, so good, but I still think a personal check is the best way to do it.

I switched to worldremit

Fast and easy. Much better rates that WU and sending from mobile app takes seconds.

shadow

I switched to worldremit

Fast and easy. Much better rates that WU and sending from mobile app takes seconds.

We have collected a few times on Worldremit, so far no issues.