Sign in to follow this  
Bill H

*** NOTICE *** XOOM

Bill H

I hereby take back each and every positive thing I've ever said about Xoom on this forum or elsewhere.  It took them five years, but they have finally made an enemy of me!  May they roast in hell alongside PayPal their new owners.

• Like 5

spydoo

They're owned by Paypal? That explains a lot to me.

• Like 3

ex231

They're owned by Paypal? That explains a lot to me.

I'd been using xoom for about a year with no issues once I went through the process of setting it up. Then about 3 months ago I wanted to d a transfer and they got all weird on me, got an email telling me I had to call and talk to someone .. apparently in New Delhi :(  He wanted to play 20 questions with me and gave me a security test/quiz. I was getting rather annoyed after about 10 minutes of this crap and he said I had to do all this and he'd decide whether to approve the transfer or not. At that point I asked him if me closing my account would work better for him because it was certainly looking good for me. It didn't seem to phase him but he did approve the transfer - and that was the last one I've made since.

I had a PayPal account since the 90s and they went squirrely on me too about three months ago. Long story short I no longer have PP.

Screw them, I'll live on my Schwab ATM card from now on.

• Like 2

Mandingo

Yup....I was the same, had nothing but positive experiences with Xoom until one day it all turned. The people who run Xoom are bunch of ass-monkeys as far as I am concerned.

• Like 7

Salty Dog

smiley-face-eating-popcorn.png

• Like 5

Soarking

It's amazing how something can be so great no matter what other people say about it until we have a glitch. Then it's all fu**ed up.

I believe no matter how you send money eventually there is going to be some kind of a problem. Let's just hope it's minor and no money is lost or held up in the process.

Besides the 20 questions obviously was for some security reason. Would you rather they drop some of the ways they protect your money or worse yet have someone else get it.

So far I stick with LBC or M LHUILLIR, somewhat inconvieant, but reliable.

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

in our business we deal with large and small money transfers constantly.  have done so for years and years.

i would sooner use a carrier pigeon than ever consider using xoom again.

ever

• Like 4

Paul

It's amazing how something can be so great no matter what other people say about it until we have a glitch. Then it's all fu**ed up.

Then, you use Xoom. That was the case with me, as well. It worked fine for a long time,  until I attempted to send myself $150 USD, to hold me over until a new card could arrive in Cebu. 

http://www.xoomcomplaints.net/complaints.htm

• Like 2

ex231

Besides the 20 questions obviously was for some security reason.

Known only to God because I was trying to make the exact same transfer that I'd been making for months.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

Then, you use Xoom. That was the case with me, as well. It worked fine for a long time,  until I attempted to send myself $150 USD, to hold me over until a new card could arrive in Cebu. 

http://www.xoomcomplaints.net/complaints.htm

That also happened to me with Xoom.com when they just opened for business in 2001 in San Francisco, Ca. I tried to send money to myself in the Philippines and was shut out and account closed without any notification. Never used them ever again!

Back in 1998, I also had a PayPal account, but I actually never used them thank goodness! I just let the account expire! 

• Like 1

MattFromGA

I cant say much bad about xoom because they wont let me use their services.  Every time I try I get denied so I just send it with W.U. when I need that type of transfer.  Its more expensive, but it works without the BS 20 questions.  Plus its so much easier to physically send money via W.U. where there isn't any real questions when you show cash and an id.

• Like 2

KennyF

Speaking of those 20 security questions, I had a run in with my bank and had to live through a similar experience.

Once I had "passed the test" I pointed out to the person from the bank I was speaking to that I had 70+ internet site passwords to remember of which 6 were "money"  IE: Banks, Paypal etc, who each had 3 or 4 "security questions"..

It is recommended by everyone that you never use the same password for different sites so I have upward of 100 passwords and security answers to have at my finger tips. (it's a no no to write them down).

By lunch time on any given day I can't remember what I had for breakfast so what chance have I got?

And don't even get me started on that ridiculous "Capcha" abomination.

KonC

• Like 2

wondersailor

Been using xoom for years without a glitch. Maybe my time is coming. Western Union on the other hand can suck my middle digit. All it took with them was one attempt and one refusal. Never again. 

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

It is recommended by everyone that you never use the same password for different sites so I have upward of 100 passwords and security answers to have at my finger tips. (it's a no no to write them down).

By lunch time on any given day I can't remember what I had for breakfast so what chance have I got?

KonC

What's worse is that a lot of passwords has be updated/changed every 90 or 160 days!  :banghead:

• Like 1

Paul

That's why they came out with puzzle captcha, for you eld, errr, older gentlemen.