Filipina F 16 Pilot.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Went and watched the Blue Angels this weekend

Saw a pinoy in the crew-----dont know if he was a pilot but he was definitely pinoy and a part of the Blue Angels team

I saw several Filipinas on a Boeing 777 when I was flying back home from the Philippines...  :db:

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• NOSOCALPINOY

• RogerDat

• ILoveCyrus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well thanks for the buzz-kill to an otherwise very upbeat topic

Greetings! found this. http://www.manilalivewire.com/2015/08/filipino-proud-us-air-force-f-16-jet-fighter-pilot-is-a-filipina/

MANILA, Philippines - In the tough world of fighter pilots where male chauvinism rules supreme, an intrepid 29-year-old Filipino woman beat the odds to become the first Filipina to fly the supersonic

Posted Images

ILoveCyrus

The F-16 came in at the end of the Vietnam War, and is hardly a state-of-the-art fighter any more. If she actually had a chance to go directly into F-22's and turned it down, then she isn't as smart as they make her out to be. Somehow, though, I doubt that she actually had that opportunity, since most F-22 pilots have prior experience in other fighters first. Maybe she will get a shot at the F-22 in the future. It sounds like she is paying her dues.

she SMART enough.........come on dude.

• Like 1

The F-16 came in at the end of the Vietnam War, and is hardly a state-of-the-art fighter any more.

In fairness the F-16 they fly now and the F-16 they flew then are barely related. 

• Like 2
miles-high

I would rather fly a two engine airplane, e.g., F-18... ;)

Guys,

Because it's new does not mean it's better in every aspect!

Listen to Top Gun and you'll see the Instructor telling about the planes they use to train the pilots. If I remember correctly, they used F5's because they are much more maneuverable than the big fancy new fighter jets.

That is when it comes to dog-fighting!

The newer jets have a lot of technology and payload....so the "Blow Stuff Up" factor is greater ;)

Just my 2 Cents....take it or leave it...

Anyway, great achievement for her and PH! YeyHey!

DS3

Headshot

In fairness the F-16 they fly now and the F-16 they flew then are barely related. 

Every plane in the inventory gets regular upgrades (and you are correct that today's F-16 isn't the same as the originals). That doesn't mean it has a chance against an F-22. The F-22 has been put up against every fighter in the US inventory, and many top-line fighters from around the world (Nellis AFB has quite an inventory for their Red Flag program), and has never lost an encounter. Any fighter pilot who has the chance to be an F-22 pilot would be insane to pass it up. That's why I doubt seriously she was given that as an option straight out of flight school. If she had been, I'm sure she would have jumped at the chance.

jtmwatchbiz

The F35 wasnt built to be in a dogfight. Its strengths are in stealth and networked electronics that allow one to shoot down the enemy before being detected.

with todays advanced technology i would be surprised if there was any such thing as a traditional dogfight anymore.  they hit and blow shit up from such long distances that the planes could blast at each other while practically in different time zones. 

Irenicus

Well, it's a good thing she's in a one seat plane.

If it had more, she'd walk all the way to the back with all her over-sized boxes of donuts and pasalubong, then have to walk back through the other boarding passengers cuz she passed her seat.

• Like 1
contraman

Well, it's a good thing she's in a one seat plane.

If it had more, she'd walk all the way to the back with all her over-sized boxes of donuts and pasalubong, then have to walk back through the other boarding passengers cuz she passed her seat.

So you have noticed that also :yahoo:

Headshot

with todays advanced technology i would be surprised if there was any such thing as a traditional dogfight anymore.  they hit and blow shit up from such long distances that the planes could blast at each other while practically in different time zones. 

That was what they said when they first fielded the F-4. Then we got our asses handed to us by the MiG's over North Vietnam. There will ALWAYS be dogfights. Haven't you seen the Star Wars movies?  :cool:

Edited by Headshot
liquido

No matter what its a great accomplishment for that young american pilot...god bless her

Kabisay-an gid

Threats Never Stop Evolving.

Neither Does the F-16.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/f16.html

"For more than 40 years, the F-16 Fighting Falcon has proven itself as the world’s most capable 4th generation multi-role fighter, serving as the workhorse of the fighter fleet for 28 customers around the world.

Since the first flight of the F-16 in 1974, Lockheed Martin has led the design and development of the Fighting Falcon, providing critical structural and avionics upgrades to ensure the aircraft remains relevant for many years to come.

With more than four decades of technological advancements and 138 different configurations, today’s F-16s have matured far beyond the original variants – they are much more capable, versatile and advanced.

We continue to evolve and upgrade every aspect of the aircraft – integrating it with the latest technologies and platforms while using data and contemporary tools to analyze past performance to enhance the service life. To date, we have produced more than 4,500 F-16s and developed upgrade programs for 11 countries.

Currently, we are two years into the development of the new F-16 Viper configuration, commonly referred to as the F-16V, which is available as a new production program or as an upgrade program for our customer’s existing fleets. The F-16V provides pilots with enhanced situational awareness and increased combat capability, by including features such as an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, advanced mission computer, and Center Pedestal Display.

Our highly skilled workforce, long-term knowledge of suppliers, design and integration expertise, and ownership of critical development and integration facilities enable us to execute the most affordable production, upgrade and modernization programs – now and for the next 40 years."

Bill H

I would have taken the A 10 just for the sheer "Blow shit up" factor.

Me too!  The A10 is the best "pilots" airplane in the airforce.

I thought the F 35 was the bird to fly

Naaaa the F35 is a political boondoggle.  The F22 is a better airplane.

Bill H

Yeah, yeah, yeah, they said that when they built the F4 and didn't even equip it with machine guns, it was the original missile only aircraft.  In the end, that had to jury rig machine guns to it so it had a better chance of surviving a dogfight.  Kind of like fighting the war to end all wars...or peace in our time, ya' know?   :cool: