Sign in to follow this  
shadow

MB's Garden Inn, Mactan

montserrat

there is two or three in Moalboal too - places where you can rent a room and a motorbike together.

has to be the same counter, where you can rent both room and bike, like at MB. The Bella Vista in Santiago, Camotes is like that. You can ask for a fan room and a Honda XRM 125 please. Sometimes there is like a motorbike hire concession outside or nearby where if you tell them you want a motorbike they will direct you there. But that is not quite the same as when you can get both at the same counter.

• Like 3

Skywalker

Unless I was staying at a really nice resort, I wouldn't stay on Mactan if it was free.

The place is a dump.  And to get to the City, means getting over a bridge.  What a faf.

If there wasn't an airport there, who would go there?

• Like 2

montserrat

There is better street life in Lapu-Lapu than anywhere else in Cebu except possibly Colon. In fact central Opon might be even more crowded. It's not for everyone. But it certainly has its place.

• Like 1

liquido

Unless I was staying at a really nice resort, I wouldn't stay on Mactan if it was free.

The place is a dump.  And to get to the City, means getting over a bridge.  What a faf.

If there wasn't an airport there, who would go there?

I made the mistake of living in Pajac a few kilometers from MB's about 4 years back..The food at the time was decent there.The german owners name at the time was Mika i believe who also was the president of the the Outsider's MC.The bikes he had for rent were mostly "big bikes".They did charity runs for the kids which was good..I think it was Mika's pinay wife that ran the restaurant and hotel...I heard she had alot of political influence in the area.........  

• Like 1

maribago

We are interested in staying at the MB's Garden Inn.

Do you have contact info for this place?

I saw the wikimap and that was helpful.

Seems that it is on the road we often used to travel between Basak and Buaya where we were living at the time.

Salamat,

Jonathan

Paul
Do you have contact info for this place?

http://www.mbs.ph

HTH

Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

montserrat

they are pretty good at answering the phone there too. They are a noticeably efficient operation really.

I didn't use to like Lapu-Lapu all that much either but in recent years it has grown on me somewhat. The Opon old town has a bit of an atmostphere, especially around the market, that you don't find in too many places in metro Cebu. And it works both ways, with Lapu-Lapu being a bit cut off from town. It means that they can't come into town, or north to places like Liloan and Compostela so easily either. So it can make sense to stay in Lapu Lapu if you want to fraternize with some of the getting on for half a million people that live on Mactan island. A lot of the time there is no choice really and you have to go to them. They can work 12 hours a day in a factory with one day off a week - maybe. MB is a good deal I'm not criticising it all but normally I don't want to stay in places where there are a lot of foreigners. I would normally opt for one of the couple of pension houses bang opposite the Island Mall and also the GV right next to Opon market.

• Like 1