Sign in to follow this  
shadow

MB's Garden Inn, Mactan

Paul

While I have never had an opportunity to stay over night at MB's, I have dined there on a number of occasions. Can't say as I had a bad meal there. Last fish and chips, though, was a bit small for me, for the price. 

He'd been trying to sell that place for ages. Still trying to, Larry? 

dnl_grout

MB's?...is that the place that food service is up stairs, they do good pizzas, home made soups, mashed potato and gravy...large lizard in cage?

Gus

Paul, Im there fairly regularly, and have to say that Michael has never mentioned selling the place, to me, but then again, perhaps I dont look like a potential buyer !

I took the opportunity to meet Larry for a beer while he was there. First time meeting someone from the forum, and it was very enjoyable. Interesting how people turn out to be in real life .. in Larry's case ..just as expected, a really nice guy. Cheers Shadow, glad you enjoyed your stay at MB,s.

• Like 4

samatm

MB's has two locations the restaruant / bar on the main road  that most people know ...and then there is the guest house/motel accomodations just down the road a bit and to the right on little road marked by an Outsiders signage.    I stayed there once with the mrs.  Room was good value,  and Food was great...  they have a small pool there as well ... The place is hidden/just have to look for it... or inquire at the MBs TAvern and they will take you there.

• Like 2

GwapoGuy

MB's has two locations the restaruant / bar on the main road  that most people know ...and then there is the guest house/motel accomodations just down the road a bit and to the right on little road marked by an Outsiders signage.

Usually stay at ACE Penzionne or Ducinea Hotel when in Lapu2x. Where is the Garden Inn located!?

PIM

Usually stay at ACE Penzionne or Ducinea Hotel when in Lapu2x. Where is the Garden Inn located!?

Heading towards Gaisano Grand Mall from the old bridge, turn left into Basak-Cagodoy-Bankal-Buata Road at Mactan Doctors Hospital (on your right). At the first bend (to the right) in that road (about 50 metres along), MB's is located on your right.

MB's is not as convenient as ACE Pension and lacks the view from ACE's top-floor bar.

Edited by PIM
  • Like 2

Gus

MB's is not as convenient as ACE Pension and lacks the view from ACE's top-floor bar.

In 90% of cases you could be right, but in fact Shadows requirement was to be near Maribago. So in this case MBs was far more convenient.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

thebob

I recommend MB resort. I've stayed there a couple of times and it is clean, cheap and has great atmosphere.

Big up to the Outsiders!

• Like 1

Monsoon

Oh yeah, and if you are stupid enough to lock your keys in your car, the owner Mike has a slim Jim (and much more) handy just for such purposes.

Surely you know this because you read it somewhere in the brochure.  :cool:

• Like 3

For Real

Agree. Best watering hole in Cebu is Outsiders Clubhouse and the rooms are clean and cheap.

• Like 1

samatm

We recently had the occasion to spend 5 nights at MB's Garden Inn on Mactan (Business).  I must say it was an enjoyable stay. The rooms are clean and cheap, the place rustic, but very nicely done, the food excellent with large portions, the service far better than most places, the atmosphere quiet (minus the parrot and airport noise) but busy, the Rif Raf well behaved and interesting. If we ever need to stay on Mactan again, it would definitely be at MB's. 

Oh yeah, and if you are stupid enough to lock your keys in your car, the owner Mike has a slim Jim (and much more) handy just for such purposes.

The Shadow gives MB's two thumbs up.

How is the WiFi there now?    I don't recall really WIFI when we  stayed there 2 or so years ago.

Jeepney

Mike was ill some time back, from your report he must have recovered, great guy.

WiFi was OK, when I was there a lot, 3/4 years ago.

shadow

How is the WiFi there now?    I don't recall really WIFI when we  stayed there 2 or so years ago.

There were times we had to rely on our pocket wifi.