Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Meeting Your Filipina Wife

Meeting Your Filipina Wife  

139 members have voted

1. 1. How did you meet your Filipina wife?

• Online - on a dating site
    • Online - on a non-dating social media site (such as Facebook, Friendster, Yahoo)
    • Online - introduced by someone else (friend, acquaintance)
    • Online - at her place of work or through work
    • In person - introduced by someone else (friend, acquaintance)
    • In person - at her place of work or through work
    • In person - at an entertainment venue (not where she works)
    • In person - in a casual situation (mall, walking outside, etc.)
    • Other (explain)
  2. 2. Who introduced themselves first?

• Me
    • Her
    • Introduced by someone else
  3. 3. How long was it before the two of you talked about where you wanted to live?

• Immediately
    • Within a few days
    • Within a few weeks
    • Not until we were already in a serious relationship
  4. 4. Were the two of you in agreement on where to live?

• Yes - immediately
    • Not immediately but then we came to an agreement
    • No, but I chose where we would live
    • No, but she chose where we would live
    • We compromised and live someplace neither had chosen initially
    • We have two separate households
  5. 5. Who said "I love you" first?

• Me
    • Her
    • Nobody ever said that

colemanlee

pen pals since childhood.. "introduced" by my uncle who was over there in ww2 active duty and as a P.O.W. he kept in touch with her family who he knew before the japanese invaded and they kept him alive after they did 

so

other

who said i love you first

i really don't remember so i put her 

Damn dude, would love to hear that story in detail, one of the things I have done here is interview many of the oldsters here that experienced WW2, my wife will act as the translator...Ive heard some fascinating stories..perhaps a new thread?

• Like 3

broden

Damn dude, would love to hear that story in detail, one of the things I have done here is interview many of the oldsters here that experienced WW2, my wife will act as the translator...Ive heard some fascinating stories..perhaps a new thread?

i've posted the more long form here before more than once that's why i kinda condensed it

Salty Dog

Oldsters… Aren't you pushing 70…

• Like 1

colemanlee

Oldsters… Aren't you pushing 70… Like This

Only in my body, brain is still developing..guess its up to 15 now   :yahoo:

• Like 3

goldote

The way I met wifey was strange..I met a girl online living here...so one night she decided to come to my apartment, typical Filipina, she brought her friend, but told her to wait outside the gate in the street...so later when she told me her friend was waiting in the street, I got pissed that she would treat her friend that way and went outside and invited the girl in....found out she could speak English fluently and worked for a Fil-Am woman that was going back to the states and would need a job soon....I hired her as my assistant, more than a housekeeper as she paid all the bills, canvased things when I would want to buy stuff etc...stay at my apartment when I was gone etc..

She worked for me for a year, in the meantime, I was dating my ass off and traveling all over Leyte and Samar....finally on night I was in Kananga at a mountain resort with a bimbo...was getting tired of her babel...and said WTF are you doing here chasing bimbos when you have a great one watching your place....took the bimbo home, drove back, woke up the wife and told her she was fired....cause you cant date the help

We have been together happily ever since....

Wow! What appeared as a downgrade was an upgrade.  'Others' are fun.

Met mine through Cherry Blossoms.  My wife pulled my letter to another girl out of her dormitory trash and answered.

We had to use snail mail.  Morse code was only for the rich.

• Like 3

Headshot

Um, how about options for guys who met their wives / sweethearts on Cam chat sites, in bikini bars, or maybe picked them up on Juana Osmeña, near Vacation Hotel, or maybe at the basketball court? You know, just using those as examples here. 

Those options are covered by the choices...

Online - at her place of work or through work

and

In person - at her place of work or through work

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

But, how does she feel about that fateful day? I guess she figures she was on the USS Minnow, eh? 

my guess is not much different.  12 years later she's still screaming obscenities and threatening. 

• Like 3

colemanlee

my guess is not much different.  12 years later she's still screaming obscenities and threatening. 

yea but we all know you would not have it any other way 

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

one of the things I have done here is interview many of the oldsters here that experienced WW2, my wife will act as the translator...Ive heard some fascinating stories..perhaps a new thread?

i could contribute to that new thread as well.  one of my wife's dearly departed relatives used to tell me many stories of his experiences during the Japanese occupation.  his experiences will probably fly in the face of what most would expect, as for the most part it was one big wild party and that's how my wife ended up with some Japanese heritage :)  

For Real

Didn't realize so many have gone native here....I will make a point to insert "joke lang" next time so you and James will know when it's time to laugh. But you probably don't understand self-deprecation either....lol.

Huh? People saw the joke in my post without smileys and shit like that. Me thinks someone needs a hug.
  • Like 1

Ricky

I met my missus 8 years ago when we were both working on a cruise ship, despite looking younger then me I later discovered she was 8 years older... With our first dates in Copenhagen, Wardnemunde, St Petersburg and Tallinn, that became our final contract on the cruise ships, and we lived happily ever after (well thats what I keep telling myself). 

• Like 1

bahalina buong

Huh? People saw the joke in my post without smileys and shit like that. Me thinks someone needs a hug.

I think everyone that lives here full-time needs a hug....thanks.

• Like 1

Paul

Me thinks someone needs a hug.

I need a  :bighug:, or two.