Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Exchange Rate - USD vs PhP

rainymike

What goes up, must come down.

I tend to agree. Less concerned about the highs. Trying to be prepared for the lows. Anyway, it's a good time to save for a rainy day.

SkyMan

Been in the lows for a long time. Happy to see we're getting back to the normals and some highs would be nice too.

• Like 1

Kreole

I tend to agree. Less concerned about the highs. Trying to be prepared for the lows. Anyway, it's a good time to save for a rainy day.

For those who have some reserve cash on hand, it might not be a bad time to exchange for the rainy day.  It will sure make you feel better when the rate drops to 43 and lower as it did in the last few years.

• Like 1

tonny

Yes when i came here go 56 too 1 in 2006, would be nice again for a year or two till i die  and they have to burn me!!!!! :wheel:

Steve and Myrlita

But after a short time if the rate holds, the prices of things rise to compensate.

• Like 1

Headshot

But after a short time if the rate holds, the prices of things rise to compensate.

In truth, only the prices of imported items should rise. Internal products shouldn't be directly affected by currency exchange.

• Like 1

easy44

In truth, only the prices of imported items should rise. Internal products shouldn't be directly affected by currency exchange.

Unfortunately local suppliers will use the devaluation as an excuse to raise their prices on locally sourced items, even though it does not affect them.  A disgusting and predatory practice that impacts the poor more than anyone else.

• Like 2

contraman

Unfortunately local suppliers will use the devaluation as an excuse to raise their prices on locally sourced items, even though it does not affect them.  A disgusting and predatory practice that impacts the poor more than anyone else.

Yes, this happens all the time, But the opposite is not true.

The prices never go down when the rate reverses :idontknow:

• Like 3

SkyMan

Yes, this happens all the time, But the opposite is not true.

The prices never go down when the rate reverses :idontknow:

Actually that would probably somehow be used to further raise prices.
  • Like 2

smokey

For those who have some reserve cash on hand, it might not be a bad time to exchange for the rainy day.  It will sure make you feel better when the rate drops to 43 and lower as it did in the last few years.

the only way it will drop to 43 I think is if the country borrows a few billion dollars and cashes the check I would love to see the us raise the interest rate to 4% today this effect would be 0 on me as I don't plan  on borrowing any money from the us

• Like 1

tim

the only way it will drop to 43 I think is if the country borrows a few billion dollars and cashes the check I would love to see the us raise the interest rate to 4% today this effect would be 0 on me as I don't plan  on borrowing any money from the us

I agree, I would love it if the banks would have to pay a little to me for holding my monies ....right now they want to give less than one percent for a 2 year CD...and wonder why I only smile and say no thanks... the basturbs...

smokey

46.721  today     

easy44

46.721  today     

Maybe 47 by the end of the week?

Headshot

I'm sure glad you guys have the currency exchange rate figured out and can predict where it's going to go. You should be billionaires by the end of the year.

• Like 2

Davaoeno

I'm sure glad you guys have the currency exchange rate figured out and can predict where it's going to go. You should be billionaires by the end of the year.

i'm waiting for the bitcoin expert to weigh in !!

• Like 2