Info needed Please

Newkum

Does anyone know of any place I can get alot of info on living in Carcar or Sibonga, I searched this site and google to know avail. Any information would be much appreciated. Seems as if she is prefering to live in one of these towns (close to her parents) rather than Cebu city. I said I don't mind at all as long as the internet connection is very very reliabe.

PS While googling Sibonga I found a lot of news stories about that Swedish couple, what a tragedy. So needless to say I have almost completely ruled out that town as a possibility. Hope you are all having a wonderful evening and I look forward to hearing from anyone with information. Thanks again Newk.

Also it says online that Carcar is population of around 100,000 how can it be so hard to find information about a town that size???

Edited by Newkum

I've only been through Carcar twice and it seems OK, but it's small and there is not much to do. Aerosick was the leading forum expert on that area, but he is on hiatus.

The real issue that comes to mind after reading your post is that I think you need to come here and spend some time before you make any big decisions about where to live. Depending upon the family, you may want to think twice about being so close to her family. There is good and bad that comes from that potential scenario. Do not under any circumstances make commitments before you come here and survey the situation closely.

It can be a nightmare to live too close to the family of a Filipina. There are so many variables it's mind boggling. There are some exceptions though. But most people I know want some space. In this particular scenario I would go a bit strong. Tell her that you will decide this matter once you have more experience and all the facts.

Also it says online that Carcar is population of around 100,000 how can it be so hard to find information about a town that size???

Because Carcar is an ordinary average city here in the Philippines that has nothing special to offer except they do manufacture shoes which is their claim to fame...

443657797_e17313ee24.jpg

Also you might want to change the spelling to Car-car and you might find additional info...