Holding Hands is Not for Me

• Admin (Retired)
broden

My chick wants to hold my hand when we go out....I feel uncomfortable walking down the street holding hands and usually put my hands in my pocket....sometimes I go along with the hand holding but feel uncomfortable.Anyone else ?

hold something else

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• hilyfe

• batman2525

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding hands is fine, putting an arm around waists is fine, a quick peck on the cheek is fine. I enjoy it. Kids feel comforted when we do so (lol ... but they are young ... maybe a different attitude

I love it and sometimes the wife and I even skip holding hands with our 2 sons running along with us.

Posted Images

arentol

We hold hands in the car, hold hands while walking, etc. We also say "I Love You" every single day... to each other and to our daughter. Other Filipino couples are surprised that we're so "sweet," as they call it here -- been married for 9 years and it's like we're still dating.

From what I've noticed, some Filipino couples are quite averse to displaying/conveying emotion while others can't keep their hands off of each other. A niece I have was courted by a young man for quite a long time and, this year, they finally got married. After the wedding, he barely spends time with her and definitely doesn't show any outward signs of love. They're even in different cities -- no interest in even living under the same roof.

Agree with Sugbu777 -- to each their own!

Aren

• Like 1
angbumabasa

I can't hold his hand, since it's a paw.

• Like 1
Headshot

Another woman checking you out? Come on Mike now isn't that just wishful thinking?

My wife and I were in a boutique in SM Mall this last week. She tried on four different dresses, and bought one. While this was going on three different salesgirls (all new) flirted with me (I suppose they thought my wife was just a GF, and that maybe they could steal me away). One of them went so far as to sweetly say "hello" twice (once while rubbing across my front as I was standing in the store waiting for my wife) and she also waved to me and held up her cell phone. I walked out of the boutique to wait for my wife by the railing. Of course, I immediately told my wife what just happened (she was totally preoccupied with trying on dresses and buying one while she was in the store. I figured she would go back into the boutique and confront the girl, but she just wrapped her arms around my arm a little tighter. So...anyway...it can happen to any of us.

We often hold hands, but quite often we have a little girl in between us. Holding your hand or holding your arm is a Filipina's way of marking her territory.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
A_Simple_Man

My chick wants to hold my hand when we go out.

I started doing it because it made her happy to hold my hand when we go for a walk.  Over a couple years I got so used to it that I immediately notice when we are not holding hands while walking (eating while walking takes preference in Filipina culture  :ROFLMAO:  )

rainymike

Another woman checking you out? Come on Mike now isn't that just wishful thinking?

LOL ... are you kidding? I'm the Asian Cary Grant ... all suave, slick and like I've been buried for the last three decades.

• Like 1

My chick wants to hold my hand when we go out....I feel uncomfortable walking down the street holding hands and usually put my hands in my pocket....sometimes I go along with the hand holding but feel uncomfortable.Anyone else ?

No, I never have a problem holding her hand, for one thing it cuts the shopping in half ...... 

colemanlee

you mean like this?

post-16622-0-36949900-1440057055_thumb.jpg

but I gotta admit, your x wasn't bad

post-16622-0-23494600-1440057075_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i'll hold her hand, particularly whilst battling pedestrian traffic in colon. she is 18" shorter than me. once, i lost her, only to fond her standing beside me.

• Like 3
Kabisay-an gid

My chick wants to hold my hand when we go out....I feel uncomfortable walking down the street holding hands and usually put my hands in my pocket....sometimes I go along with the hand holding but feel uncomfortable. Anyone else ?

Afraid of cooties or something?! If it makes her happy, hold her hand!

I know that feeling

I dont like holding hands also

Specially when its hot and her hand sweat yikes

No thank you

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Make sure you never have sex with her, wouldn't want to get her sweat and natural secretions on you!

Quite a few candyasses on LinC these days! :)

• Like 1
hilyfe

When you were a child your mom held your hand.

Now you have a wife.  What changed?   :morn:

She wasnt olding my hand

I was tagging at her hand so i can buy my toy :D

• Like 3
hilyfe

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Make sure you never have sex with her, wouldn't want to get her sweat and natural secretions on you!

Quite a few candyasses on LinC these days! :)

Now your talking about different sweat and wet

Edited by Paul
jtmwatchbiz

We hold hands in the car, hold hands while walking, etc. We also say "I Love You" every single day..

i think i'm going to throw up :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

'll hold her hand, particularly whilst battling pedestrian traffic in colon. she is 18" shorter than me. once, i lost her, only to fond her standing beside me.

I hang onto dear life crossing the roads here..close my eyes and let her lead.....holding hands is harder cos she carries the bags....i get the kiddies..

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

One of them went so far as to sweetly say "hello" twice (once while rubbing across my front as I was standing in the store waiting for my wife) and she also waved to me and held up her cell phone.

she? her?  are you sure?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1