Sign in to follow this  
Puttie

Fishing Boat Club

Puttie

Hi everyone, besides the yacht club does any person know of a fishing boat club in the Mactan area of Lapu-Lapu area. Also I would be keen to share cost on the boat to go out with someone just to get to know the waters a bit. You can also contact me on my email; I have my own equipment 

Thanks

Patrick

Edited by Paul
removed email address.
  • Like 1

Paul

Hey man. I removed your email address. But, I moved your account into the Full Member user group so you have access to PMs now, and others can reply to this thread as well. 

• Like 1

Headshot

There are several members who are interested in fishing, but I don't know anybody in the Cebu Metro area with a boat. Deeznutz (Big Rob) used to organize fishing charters, but since he died, there really hasn't been anybody who stepped in to fill his shoes. If you decide to go fishing with locals, be sure that you DON'T get into this situation...

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/80414-foreigner-and-5-locals-go-missing-on-fishing-trip-in-negros-oriental/

...and by all means, make sure you have one of these on at all times...

http://www.amazon.com/Onyx-M-24-Manual-Inflatable-Vest/dp/B00NETBFV2 

Local boats and skills are NOT to be trusted.

Puttie

Thanks for the reply and the tips, maybe this is a good thing to start up if there are people interested in this sport

Many thanks

P

easy44

Most of the avid fishermen I know from Cebu, will go to Siargao Island near Mindanao for serious fishing.  They regularly catch sailfish, wahoo, mahi mahi, marlin, tuna and other game fish there.  My understanding is that the fishing around Cebu is poor and you really have to go south to catch the bigger fish.

• Like 3

Headshot

Siargao is one of the few places around that actually has a real sport fishing industry. If deep sea fish is what you want, then that would be your best bet. You should know, though, that your catch belongs to the boat and to the crew...and NOT to you.

However, Big Rob also used to set up party boat trips for catching reef fish, such as snappers and groupers. In any event, I think you would need to get away from the coast and the shallow waters that are easily fished by the canoe fishermen before you are going to run into any good fish.

If you are going to do that, make sure that the boat is well equipped, and bring along your own PFD and extra water and rations in a waterproof container (just in case). A marine radio (or satellite phone) and a GPS would also be a really good idea, so the Coast Guard can be contacted in case of an emergency. Very few boats here have any electronics or communications gear. If you go on a boat that isn't equipped, you need to take extra precautions for your own safety.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

SailfishBay

if you check us out on our page you will find we do fishing here at siargao island , just give me a buzz or send me an email and we can get you up and running on the charter , great fishing most of the year , but try to check the moon phases before you come down and let us know the species you are trying to pursue so we can make sure you get the best chance , all are welcome here at the lodge , it 's always a pleasure to have you here fishing

• Like 3

Headshot

So...what phase of the moon promises the best fishing?

steveanton777

The one with "moonshine"  :bar:

Puttie

Thanks, I am just waiting for some of my deep sea equipment to arrive from South Africa, it should arrive by the 22nd August 2015 and I will contact you. What are the rates and do you supply fishing equipment and bait. Fish that is caught does it belong to the boat or shared,

Thanks

Puttie

broden

the number one rule of fishing boat club

is 

you don't talk about fishing boat club

Headshot

the number one rule of fishing boat club is you don't talk about fishing boat club

Wrong forum...  :cool:

SailfishBay

i think i have been down this road before on my forum post , but anyway most fishermen will know when the best times are to fish , but for anyone wanting  more about moon phases and fishing please check out www.tides4fishing.com  this will give you the forecasts as to when the fishing will be best all around the world , pretty accurate , but it does have days that says it will be crap and they have been fantastic fishing days , guess you have to know your grounds to work out what is good and not so good , but certainly a great starting point to book your fishing around

SailfishBay

Thanks, I am just waiting for some of my deep sea equipment to arrive from South Africa, it should arrive by the 22nd August 2015 and I will contact you. What are the rates and do you supply fishing equipment and bait. Fish that is caught does it belong to the boat or shared,

Thanks

Puttie

hi puttie

we supply all tackle and baits ,lures etc , for fishing here on our charter , so not really any need to bring your own equipment unless you feel the need to , alot of guys prefer to use their own , but it will come down to how you intend on coming here to the island , if you fly down it will have an effect unless you are super rich and like paying excess baggage , , it will also apply again if you want to bring your fish back , they love a surcharge here ! while i mention fish if you do catch and want to bring it back , our rules are - half to the boat , so if you catch 2 then one will stay on board , if you catch a sail or marlin or huge tuna a slice will be taken from the fish for the crew if you only catch one fish  , this is pretty standard across the island , it works as an incentive to get the crew chasing all day ,and acts as part of their wages aswell , you may not agree but it works , please message me privately or email me via our website for prices on rooms , packages , and single day charters ,all can be found on our website aswell , please also check out our photos on here for we do  actually catch fish lol , their are alot of  believers that the philippines is fished out , not so true in some parts , it is just getting a bit harder to catch that's all and the moon phases help !

• Like 1

Puttie

The one with "moonshine"  :bar:

I know in South Africa I always experienced bad fishing during a full moon, I'm not sure if it is like that in other countries, I use to do a lot of rock and surf fishing there

• Like 1