Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

El Salvador Resort - Danao, Cebu

Wolfpack

August 9th, 2015

We stayed at El Salvador Beach Resort in Danao, Cebu last night...family for 3 cost 3950 pesos including breakfast...

we are actually 5...2 adults and 3 kids under the age of 8...but the family room for 4 at a cost of about 4900 pesos were booked...

there was a wedding reception going on from 5 to 9...something we found entertain while having dinner but explained why so many rooms were booked...

the room was clean...no major ant or other crawly creature issues...

there was a very small bath tub...so small, Americans like me had a difficult time standing in the shower...as the shower is inside the bath tub...adjusting the hot water was a constant battle while taking a shower also...no question, the hot water works...

I did not use the pool...wife said it was not very clean...

The food was outstanding IMO...I had some fish called a "Dory" in a butter/lemon sauce...very tasty...

The have 2 karaoke rooms...they charged us 250 pesos to use...while that might be the hourly charge, they were not watching the clock closely...they served food and drinks...and did not over charge for anything...I liked how if you wanted more drinks or something, you pick up the phone and call...like calling room service...

The have a spa service with very affordable rates...considering this is a resort...and the hours of operation are like 7 am to very late...I got a morning massage and was impressed they were open at 7 AM...and cost less than 500 pesos...

I had scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast...the Philippines does not seem to get the concept of toast...so I will not pick on them there...while the eggs and bacon were just fine...fresh OJ is available at additional cost...some other form of OJ came with the breakfast, I gave to my kids after I tasted it...and i ordered the fresh squeezed OJ which was good...

Definitely a place i would return to time and time again for the food...because the food was outstanding...and the price very affordable...this resort does not over charge for food...

Most notable part of the experience...it is a very quiet place at night...no road noise...did not hear a single rooster...

• Like 5

to_dave007

Have driven through Danao countless times..  but never noticed any sign for this place.

Where in Danao is this resort located?  North or south of Mitsumi?  North or south of the main urban centre?

EDIT..   Quick Google Search gave me the answer..

- north of Mitsumi

- south of Coco Palms Resort and CTU (Cebu Technological University)

- On Ocean side

Found several reviews online .. all rating it either 4 or 5 out of 5 and with positive words.

And after seeing some photo's, I remember driving past it.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

Headshot

So...with the pool dirty...was there anything else to do there...besides sleep?

• Like 1

Wolfpack

So...with the pool dirty...was there anything else to do there...besides sleep?

when we arrived, they were finishing up on some type of catered (by the resort) wedding reception...and when we had dinner, there was another wedding reception (that went from like 5 -9 pm)...then when we were having breakfast in the morning, they were setting up for some other type of celebration...so i take it they must have some affordable packages...

my most notable comment was how quiet is was...so for people that find value in a quiet place to stay, that has great food...

I know there are times when i would not like to be home...like fiesta times...this would be a great place to escape to...I was impressed with how they did not overcharge for anything...even a shot of Jack Daniels was not out of line...

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

I am impressed you got in there.

I have tried to spend the night there on a few occasions and it is always fully booked.  I never tried to get an advance reservation so that may be the answer.  Seems like most of the rooms are taken by Japanese businessmen who are somehow involved with Mitsumi which is pretty much just across the street.

I used the pool and restaurant many times on day trips and agree with your assessment.

• Like 2

Wolfpack

I am impressed you got in there.

I have tried to spend the night there on a few occasions and it is always fully booked.  I never tried to get an advance reservation so that may be the answer.  Seems like most of the rooms are taken by Japanese businessmen who are somehow involved with Mitsumi which is pretty much just across the street.

I used the pool and restaurant many times on day trips and agree with your assessment.

next time I will definitely do an advance booking...

BossHog

That the pool is dirty and they can't even make toast?

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

That the pool is dirty and they can't even make toast?

Must have changed since I was there last.  So where, in Danao, is a nice clean pool and a good restaurant?  Used to be Sunshine Beach Resort was good but haven't been there in years.

Headshot

when we arrived, they were finishing up on some type of catered (by the resort) wedding reception...and when we had dinner, there was another wedding reception (that went from like 5 -9 pm)...then when we were having breakfast in the morning, they were setting up for some other type of celebration...so i take it they must have some affordable packages...

my most notable comment was how quiet is was...so for people that find value in a quiet place to stay, that has great food...

I know there are times when i would not like to be home...like fiesta times...this would be a great place to escape to...I was impressed with how they did not overcharge for anything...even a shot of Jack Daniels was not out of line...

OK, it sounds like a good place if you need a retreat (quiet time).

Actually, though, it sounds like a reception center that rents out some rooms on the side.

Edited by Headshot

mistaeric

We stopped and had lunch at the restaurant a few yrs ago. Its a nice open air eatery with a nice sea view. Cant say anything negative about the food that was served,just your average filipino dishes.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

I love when hotels do little things like was done with these towels in this photo...IMO, shows some good character at the hotel...

one of the other things I forgot to mention, the room had a small refrigerator...with some drinks and snacks inside...complimentary...not many hotels doing stuff like that these days either...

post-16695-0-35376800-1439363172_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

bahalina buong

Thanks for posting, OP.  Sounds like a nice place where a guy can enjoy some peace and privacy with their family....and maybe realize some of that tropical fantasy that initially brought most of us here.  

• Like 4

Wolfpack

Thanks for posting, OP.  Sounds like a nice place where a guy can enjoy some peace and privacy with their family....and maybe realize some of that tropical fantasy that initially brought most of us here.  

transportation there (from Cebu City)...is easy an affordable too...Ceres buses from North Bus Terminal drop you off right in front of the resort...

for the way home, we took a V-Hire, available near the Danao Gaisano...just a tri-cycle ride away from the resort...

• Like 2

SkyMan

My wife and I have been there many times. It's really our go to place from Liloan. I'm surprised to hear about the pool being dirty. We've gone there just for lunch and a swim. Many receptions though. I enjoy the semi-jungle like gardening and the diversity of plants.

My favorite is the Chicken Cordon Blu.

• Like 3

Oz Jon

My wife and I have been there many times .......

My favorite is the Chicken Cordon Blu.

I've been there many times too (from Danao/Carmen) for dinner with friends.

Good service, good atmosphere, reasonable prices.

Thoroughly recommend the place  - and particularly the Cordon Blu Chicken

• Like 2