PAL to launch Cebu-Los Angeles direct flights in 2016

Soarking

I just took the LAX - Cebu flight last week and besides the uncomfortable seats, no entertainment to speak of and PAL always being late, it was not a bad flight. The good news is you can expect lots of empty seats to streach out in. I was also on their first flight from Cebu to LAX on March 15th and that plane was only about 25% full as well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buko Beach

• tim

• ex231

• throttleplate

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will stick with Korean their airport is very nice

Wow, SkyMan I really owe U a beer or two ...lol ... just cancelled my upgrade offers...U were right they did have it posted as USD. I could have sworn that it was posted in PHP , but when I went back

Hmm, I suspect this will be as short lived as the Cebu/Bangkok flights.   Price will be the deal maker/breaker.

Posted Images

Is that $743 including taxes and fees?

The $ 713  was total all in... economy ...

did you book with pal or an online site like kayak?

I researched on their web site but used Jeff Jenk's travel agency to book the flights ( United and Pal) ... cost 22 bucks to use him, but have major help if problems arise while traveling ... 

• Like 2

no seatback entertainment no big deal for me also as i just pull out laptop and watch movie on usb

Do ALL the seats have power outlets that U can run your laptop for that long ..... my laptop only runs about 3 hours then needs recharging ... if so, might buy several cd's to watch ....

miles-high

Called PAL and asked about the entertainment features on the flight, was told that they use the wide screens and no individual seat screens .

...or they lend you an iPad...

and on some airplanes ---> IMG_2570.JPG

motorboy

I actually flew the inaugural flight. There was a big to do at the airport, with a lot of free food and gifts. I paid 720.00 for a round trip, and 800.00 for my son's one way because I booked his later. I had 3 seats to myself and slept the whole way.

• Like 2

WTF? What about direct flights from SF to Cebu? SF has a large asian community. When I flew back from Manila, my 777 was filled with Asians. Any news about that? I don't see why it cannot happen.

throttleplate

Do ALL the seats have power outlets that U can run your laptop for that long ..... my laptop only runs about 3 hours then needs recharging ... if so, might buy several cd's to watch ....

no power outlets anywhere that i seen. It must be cheaper flight round trip when leaving from the usa as opposed from leaving cebu as the airline wants americans to come to cebu and cheap airfare is the catch.

Buko Beach

No seat-back power outlets on the older PAL A340's.

motorboy

Is that $743 including taxes and fees?

That was all in. I use my tablet and a back up power reserve for long flights. I load it with good movies and I am set. But I usually deprive myself of sleep before hand, and try to sleep most of the flight.

• Like 1
Buko Beach

...or they lend you an iPad...

and on some airplanes ---> attachicon.gifIMG_2570.JPG

PAL offers the ipad tablet system for use on select PAL A330 mono-class sardine cans (economy-premium economy) that have no AVOD, and there's a limited number of ipads, only those that ask early and nicely get one.

Wifi is available on PAL A330's and B777, you get 30mins free and paid access after that but you have to download the app before the flight.

Buko Beach

WTF? What about direct flights from SF to Cebu?

So you're upset about having to take a grueling 1hr flight between SFO and LAX? What about others who have to take a 4-5hr flight to do the same thing? I think you should make signs and protest outside SFO or go on a hunger strike until PAL announces direct SFO-CEB flights.

SF has a large asian community. When I flew back from Manila, my 777 was filled with Asians. Any news about that? I don't see why it cannot happen.

Filled with Asians? Coming back from Manila you say? I'm sorry, I... I.. just don't believe it! Do you have any pictures of this bizarre event to forward to CNN?
  • Like 2

Flying to LA from SF would cost  $100+, it would depend on how much cheaper the flight is from LA to Cebu. SF has a huge Asian community and PAL knows this. I wonder why their logic is from LA to Cebu direct and not include SF.

ex231

I wonder why their logic is from LA to Cebu direct and not include SF.

Probably because they cater to peenoys that just accept that's the way it is  :db:

Headshot

I wonder why their logic is from LA to Cebu direct and not include SF.

Maybe PAL has noticed that other Asian airlines have had difficulty successfully landing at SFO (without ending up in the water) ... or maybe they are just waiting to see how the CEB-LAX route does before adding a CEB-SFO route.

Then again, maybe they just never thought about it. Logic is not always a factor in decisions made by Philippine companies.

Edited by Headshot
contraman

I use my tablet and a back up power reserve for long flights.

Now no longer allowed as cabin baggage on some airlines :idontknow: