Sign in to follow this  
toshi

Kill the Ants, Borax Anyone?

arentol

Sorry, double post.

Edited by arentol

woodchopper

any address for "our place" bar?

corner pelaez street and sancianko street colon,,bar is upstairs,,"bennys pawnshop" ground level

Edited by woodchopper
  • Like 1

rainymike

Look for zap a roach. It is 100% boric acid.

jtmwatchbiz

you name it...we tried them all and the ants still come.  nothing works better than regularly washing the kitchen counters and sweeping the kitchen floor after every meal.  even then there are still some "scout" ants taking a look see to report back to their bases :)

Monsoon

I had good luck in the province with borax concoctions. The key as mentioned is to make it appetizing to the ants. Not all ants are sweet eaters. Some are protein oriented. If you mix it too high a concentration they die to soon and don't make it back to the nest to feed others.

• Like 1

liquido

If your ever back in the USA or have a friend coming here try some of this stuff..http://www.terro.com/  it works just like it says..all you need are a few drops on a piece of cardboard..The stuff attracts the ants like crazy,they suck it up take it back to the nest and they all frickin die...A bottle will last a lifetime....It worked perfectly here for me...............  

• Like 1

KennyF

If your ever back in the USA or have a friend coming here try some of this stuff..http://www.terro.com/

I bought some in ACE hardware in Cebu.

KonC

• Like 1

toshi

yup, got it from ace..

i started this morning, sugar, water, boil, then take from heat 

add borax and mix

put lots of little bits  bits all over all ant trails i could find

i repeated this night again..

the battle is on !!!!!!!

• Like 2

woodchopper

yup, got it from ace..

i started this morning, sugar, water, boil, then take from heat 

add borax and mix

put lots of little bits  bits all over all ant trails i could find

i repeated this night again..

the battle is on !!!!!!!

do u have rank or a simple private?,,,,,,,,,, :yahoo:

toshi

one man army agains millions...David is my name, Goliath is the nemisis

Edited by toshi
  • Like 2

rainymike

one man army agains millions...David is my name, Goliath is the nemisis

Just remember, it's a war that has no end. Kill the ants in the home. Then ants from your yard will find their way in. Take those out and the ants from your neighbors' yards will slowly replace them.

In the end, the advice of keeping a clean house is the best idea, but forget that if you have kids. Baking soda plus some bait has also worked well for me. Doesn't wipe them out permanently, but I'm not spraying poisons all over the place.

I think the ants are part of Al Qaeda. No matter how many times you bomb them and no matter how many wars you win, they're still crawling around.

• Like 1

hyaku

Main thing is to keep the house clean. If there is nothing to eat they wont come much. Talking about armies, if you can actually find two nests take shovel up one and dump it on the other nest, sit back and watch the fun.

toshi

I wil not win..but i just stay optimistic..

You wil not find many houses cleaner then ours...

Headshot

Main thing is to keep the house clean. If there is nothing to eat they wont come much.

The problem is that some of the ants here can chew through packaging (plastic and boxes), so unless you keep your food in impenetrable containers, they can still get to it. I've even had them get into a Tupperware container holding sugar.

• Like 1