selling a house in the Philippines

Enuff

great information

• Like 2

sugbu777

great information

ditto

tim

Could U give some advise regarding building your house in the best locations in case U decide to sell a decade later ?

thanks... 

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Aerosick

Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Not so nice location??? I can see you've never been to Argao, huh !!!

• Like 2

NOSOCALPINOY

NOSOCALPINOY, on 24 Jul 2015 - 07:41 AM, said: Davaoeno's OP is the reality of things that does occur to those who overbuilds and in a not so nice location! It comes with the territory, especially here in the Philippines! It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!  

Not so nice location??? I can see you've never been to Argao, huh !!!

Did I mention any specific locations in my thread? No I did not! So, don't get so defensive and start something out of it on here! :idontknow:  

• Like 2

ex231

It's all about location, location, location and the appeal of one's home to prospective buyers!

Exactly! And although it might appeal to some, a Barbie Doll size house on a postage stamp size lot in a subdivision for a minimum of 2 million p more wouldn't interest me at all. I'd go for the cheaper western style house with a pool on a decent size lot surrounded by a wall all day long.

As for the sales terms if all the perspective buyer could scratch up for a down payment was $9,000 I'd be very skeptical about him being willing and able to make $1350 per month strokes for 5 years.

Sure, it takes the right buyer to purchase any house but I don't think a potential buyer that has liquidated his assets in another country and having $80k in his pocket is like finding a unicorn. Sure there are lots of foreigners here that don't have that kind of money and probably a lot of the ones that don't, don't have $1350 a month for a house payment either.

• Like 7

NOSOCALPINOY

Exactly! And although it might appeal to some, a Barbie Doll size house on a postage stamp size lot in a subdivision for a minimum of 2 million p more wouldn't interest me at all. I'd go for the cheaper western style house with a pool on a decent size lot surrounded by a wall all day long.

As for the sales terms if all the perspective buyer could scratch up for a down payment was $9,000 I'd be very skeptical about him being willing and able to make $1350 per month strokes for 5 years.

Sure, it takes the right buyer to purchase any house but I don't think a potential buyer that has liquidated his assets in another country and having $80k in his pocket is like finding a unicorn. Sure there are lots of foreigners here that don't have that kind of money and probably a lot of the ones that don't, don't have $1350 a month for a house payment either.

So why do homes like you mentioned above do not sell quickly? Again, it's all about location, location, location and appeal, let alone conveniences nearby! 

sugbu777

The OP had some great advice and was not addressing any particular piece of property in general. Take it for what it was meant. :twocents:

Now I'll sit back and watch the show :popcorn:

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 5

cebubird

From a couple of replies seems like maybe op must have been pointed at me.

Aerosick and ex231 sort of hit the nail on the head. pea-sized lots with pea-sized 'barbie doll" houses aren't for everyone. We did not build with even the tiniest thought of making a profit whenever we sold. I understand VERY WELL how things are.

LOL-yeah would make a lot of "sense" let somebody move in who could only come up with 9/10k, and "hope" we can get 1350 a month and we're 12,000 miles away..

At any rate, as I said- I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOLD!!!!  I am perfectly content to keep it. Iam frustrated tired of BS-ESPECIALLY from foreigners.

• Like 3

ex231

So why do homes like you mentioned above do not sell quickly? Again, it's all about location, location, location and appeal, let alone conveniences nearby!

Good point. How many years did it take for your subdivision to sell out?

NOSOCALPINOY

From a couple of replies seems like maybe op must have been pointed at me.

Aerosick and ex231 sort of hit the nail on the head. pea-sized lots with pea-sized 'barbie doll" houses aren't for everyone. We did not build with even the tiniest thought of making a profit whenever we sold. I understand VERY WELL how things are.

LOL-yeah would make a lot of "sense" let somebody move in who could only come up with 9/10k, and "hope" we can get 1350 a month and we're 12,000 miles away..

At any rate, as I said- I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOLD!!!!  I am perfectly content to keep it. Iam frustrated tired of BS-ESPECIALLY from foreigners.

And do you find it fair to criticize or make fun of those who live in pea-sized lots with pea-sized "barbie doll" houses? 

I did not see any of the threads pointed at you, especially mine! 

NOSOCALPINOY

Good point. How many years did it take for your subdivision to sell out?

Our subdivision came in 2 phases, because phase 1 sold out in just a few years and phase 2 sold out just a fast, because it's all about location, location, location and all of the conveniences nearby!  

cebubird

And do you find it fair to criticize or make fun of those who live in pea-sized lots with pea-sized "barbie doll" houses? 

I did not see any of the threads pointed at you, especially mine! 

"criticize or make fun"  ???--HUH!!! Who have I criticized? Guess your reading comprehension is lacking.

BTW, do you live in one of the type places ex231 was talking about??

• Like 1