• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• hilyfe

• Oz Jon

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. An alternator needs power for the field windings to generate electricity. You need a permanent magnet rotor to generate without external power. AC Delco units are often retro fitted but they need

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a lot of people who appear to be at least as smart as you appear to be, and with certainly much more knowledge of the subject than you, have worked on this

I watched the video,  yes it looks as a solid product   He mentioned price range was not too high  but what is it   My link to CDR-King was just to show that something like it can already be boug

Posted Images

Paul

The one you are talking about may be better quality I do not know

but

looks like this one is about the same function

3 lights 1 usb  and 100 watt ac

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=21348&main=1#.VbPPCPmqz2U

Woolf, that unit, I think I can safely say, would be no where near the quality of the one he is producing. His is also a pure sign wave inverter. The one pictured at your link, I imagine, is not. 

There is another video Martin did, showing the tech side of the SunRaiden unit. The battery meter is quite accurate. The power is pure sign wave, etc. See below:

https://youtu.be/zjnK7LkC434?t=3m56s(starts just before 4minutes into the video)

One of the other goals he hoped to reach, and I believe he has, was to be able to be able to accept AC line input from the mains or generator, rather than solar panels, if the need comes up. This would be perfect for areas that suffer short term power cuts.

This would be PERFECT to create a small solar generator unit. 

Edited by Paul
Woolf

I watched the video,  yes it looks as a solid product

He mentioned price range was not too high  but what is it

My link to CDR-King was just to show that something like it

can already be bought in philippines

• Like 2
Paul
He mentioned price range was not too high  but what is it

I think the 300 watts pure sign wave unit is currently $99 USD. On the Kickstarter deal, they also had 500 watts and 1,000 watts units. I imagine they will be adding those to their website as well, once they are in production.

The Midwestern United States used wind power before the ease of electricity arrived. The mountains used water wheels to power machinery before oil was easily sourced. The world has used used solar power for heating and cooling since recorded time. As long as there is economical oil and gas , these other sources are less economical and less convienent .

If you want to make electricity when you want it, connect a small generator to a stationary bicycle . The normal human can produce 100 watts , pedaling about 90 rpm. You will lose a lot of calories while watching that television.

Oz Jon

I've lost track of what this thread is all about.

It started as a question "how to produce electricity" from wind.

That was answered.

Then it turns out (see #11& #12 messages) that the OP 's interest was in producing a very cheap power source for the poor of the Philippines.

He wanted to invent a new solution himself.

Several suggestions were given about existing simple sources of low-cost power for lighting for the poor, costing just a few dollars.

Eventually, we are discussing a very nice solar package with many good features (but with a cost in the region of $500-$1000).

Does anyone believe that the Filipino poor can afford that kind of money?

Or are there some very rich benefactors around?

Edited by Oz Jon