Oz Jon

It's too late to get in on their Kickstarter deal. But, keep an eye out, or ask me in a few months, and I can let you know where they are in production. He is going to send a unit here for me to try. I can let you know how it goes. I think that you could make a nice solar package based on that

I think that you could build a nice solar package around that piece of electronics.

I guess with a 250W solar panel and a 100AH battery you could have maybe 50W of AC or DC power available

almost 24/7.

I also guess that the cost would be somewhere between $500 and $1000, installed and ready to go.

Is that what hilyfe is looking for though?

• Like 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• hilyfe

• Oz Jon

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. An alternator needs power for the field windings to generate electricity. You need a permanent magnet rotor to generate without external power. AC Delco units are often retro fitted but they need

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a lot of people who appear to be at least as smart as you appear to be, and with certainly much more knowledge of the subject than you, have worked on this

I watched the video,  yes it looks as a solid product   He mentioned price range was not too high  but what is it   My link to CDR-King was just to show that something like it can already be boug

Posted Images

Paul
I also guess that the cost would be somewhere between $500 and $1000, installed and ready to go.

$200 - 2 panels, 200 watts

$100 - 1-100AH battery

$100 - 1-SunRaiden

$050 - 4-LED lighting add-ons

Looks like it could come in under $500 USD. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
Woolf

Here is what happens when a wind generator is free running

Braking system failed

hilyfe

It's too late to get in on their Kickstarter deal. But, keep an eye out, or ask me in a few months, and I can let you know where they are in production. He is going to send a unit here for me to try. I can let you know how it goes.

Yes please let us know how it goes

• Like 1
hilyfe

$200 - 2 panels, 200 watts

$100 - 1-100AH battery

$100 - 1-SunRaiden

$050 - 4-LED lighting add-ons

Looks like it could come in under $500 USD.

Sounds good as long as its reliable

And can light up a bahay kubo

Paul

Sounds good as long as its reliable

And can light up a bahay kubo

Most definitely, reliable. Here's why. Martin Lorten, a well known electronics expert whom I have been following for years on YouTube, did extensive testing and review on the SunRaiden inverter / charger.

He tested it under almost a 500 watts load to see how it heated up, and how well the unit dissipated the heat. He tested it with a thermal imager. He also tested it for reverse polarity. You can see the full video of the test / review, below:

If you only want to see the load / heat / reverse polarity test portion of the video, CLICK HERE.

So, to answer your concern, yes, it certainly can be used to light / power a bahay kubo. These units offer four low voltage DC sockets to plug mated LED lights into, directly on the SunRaiden unit. Here is an image of their 300 watts unit. Note the two USB ports (5v, 500ma, each) and the four jacks (12vdc, 1amp, each) to plug the LED lamp cord barrel connectors into.

Another very good thing about the SunRaiden inverter / chargers, is they use no proprietary plugs or parts. All parts are assembled in the case in a modular fashion. So, maintenance or repairs on the device would be quite easy to perform.

sunraiden_charger_controller.jpg

Up to four (4) of these lamps can be attached to the SunRaiden to provide lighting. Each uses a 3 watts LED 12vdc lamp.

sunraiden_LED_cable.jpg

Edited by Paul
Added text.
hilyfe

I want one just for try and that looks good small enough for the door to door box

How big is the solar panel though

Can i send it to Philippines?

Paul

Can i send it to Philippines?

You can send the controller (inverter / charger) to the Philippines. I wouldn't waste the money or time to send a solar panel there, since they can be purchased locally. 

I would suggest two (2) 6vdc golf cart batteries to be connected to the unit.

Edited by Paul
Paul

How big is the solar panel though

This is the specs sheet of each of my 100 watts Just Solar panels:

IMG_0204r.jpg 

hilyfe

So when are you gonna get one and let us know how it goes?

This seems so perfect for Philippines

Just stand a pole attached that solar panels

And there you go lights on the front yard

• Like 1
Woolf

Lots of solar panels charge controllers solar batteries available in philippines

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?productstype=All+Products&searchvalue=solar&x=0&y=0&mod=products&type=search

CDR-King does not have the best reputation for quality, but as long as you are aware of it you decide if you want to buy or not

• Like 1
Paul
So when are you gonna get one and let us know how it goes?

I have been in communication with Michael. He will send one to me sometime in September, I believe it is? I believe it will be a 500 watts unit. 

Lots of solar panels charge controllers solar batteries available in philippines

You do not need a charge controller when using the SunRaiden.

The panels will wire directly to it.

So, all you need is a battery and solar panel(s), to put it into service. 

Edited by Paul
Woolf

You do not need a charge controller when using the SunRainer.

As I understand it,  it is a combined charge controller and inverter

Am I wrong ?

Paul

As I understand it,  it is a combined charge controller and inverter

Am I wrong ?

Nope. Not wrong.

It's a charge controller, a DC power supply (less loss when switched to this side), an AC inverter & DC power supply, and a battery charger.

So, you can,  simultaneously: 

Run up to 4 direct connected DC lights,

RUN AC appliances,

Charge a 12vdc battery,

And, charge cell phones and personal devices by way of two USB ports.

Edited by Paul
Paul

This seems so perfect for Philippines

Keep in mind, his reason for creating this was for Third World Country applications, more specifically, countries in Africa. Kudos to him for his success. I can imagine this little unit will become very popular all over the world. I hope I can help him distribute them here.