Sign in to follow this  
Paul

SunRaiden Solar Inverter / Charger

Paul
ordered in August, receive maybe next week is a little disconcerting.

This was a brand new product. So, it wasn't something they could just pull off the shelf. 

I believe they also ran into some minor issues during production, that caused some minor delays?

Greggy

They are shipping to a relatives house in Cebu City and I will collect it from there as I wasn't sure about delivery to the province.

As Paul says, this is a brand new product line and they obviously changed tack just prior to production from an 800 W unit to 1000 W. I was in no hurry to get it so all good.

I won't be setting it up until Christmas but will post some pictures and results then.

• Like 2

Paul

I won't be setting it up until Christmas but will post some pictures and results then.

B560iQuCcAA4kxT.jpg

mmnbvcxzbrian

How much did they charge you for shipping? Do you have to worry about any taxes or custom charges ?

looking forward to your Christmas update

Edited by mmnbvcxzbrian

Paul

I know I'm not Greggy, whom you addressed. But, this is my take, and my experience and my observation.

How much did they charge you for shipping?

$19 USD, flat rate.

Do you have to worry about any taxes or custom charges ?

I would think the standard minimum parcel rate, if sent through the postal service. 

Mine was sent DHL.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

mercmorris

Mine was sent DHL.

Which one did you order, and when, and how is it working for you?  What do you use it for?  (Lot's of questions, I know - just curious to hear from someone who has experience using one of them.)

Oz Jon

Martin Lorton did an extensive review of a new product on the market. He gave it a great review and made me feel good enough to post information on it here. For the money, and from his review, it would be a steal of a deal.

Thanks for that Paul - A very nice product at a good price - I'm going to buy one.

The reviewer did an excellent, thorough job.

He knows his stuff!

His commentary was easy to follow and he added later text corrections.

That's how reviews should be done - I'm impressed.

• Like 1

Paul

Which one did you order, and when, and how is it working for you?  What do you use it for?  (Lot's of questions, I know - just curious to hear from someone who has experience using one of them.)

The unit he sent me is the 500 watts unit. I have just recently moved. I received it after arriving here in our new apartment. It was originally ordered in June or July? (I didn't order it personally. So, I don't recall the actual request date was for the charger - inverter.) I haven't had a chance to do anything with it, actually. I have to have 1 - 135 watts panel installed, from my previous installation where I lived before. So, it will be a little while before I get to test it here.

Thanks for that Paul - A very nice product at a good price - I'm going to buy one.

The reviewer did an excellent, thorough job.

He knows his stuff!

His commentary was easy to follow and he added later text corrections.

That's how reviews should be done - I'm impressed.

Martin is a super guy. I have been following him on his YouTube Channel for a very long time. I'm also a member of his ONLINE FORUM

For the money, I don't think you will find a better deal. I'm sure using them for our own purposes are great. Although, Michael's primary intention, I believe anyway, was to install these units in Third World countries. They are solid little charger - inverters. I like the fact that you can run them in DC or AC / DC mode, depending on your needs. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1