Until someone makes you a Mod, if you have a problem with someone's post, try the report button. That way we don't have to read your off topic post as well...

nothingbutquestions, he does have a point, in that if you just click the report button on the offending / off topic posts, it is easier for us to address them. Although, I do realize I handled some for you via email.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDat

• nothingbutquestions

• Headshot

• BigAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Young guys like to  say that their pecker is lethargic.   Older guys are more willing to admit that they are having problems getting it up . 

I think you mean 300 mg.  Do you realize how much 300 ml is?  Almost the contents of a soft drink can.  That would take one hell of a syringe and hurt like hell!

Had blood test done at Silliman University hospital (1,500 pesos) today.  Been on 25 mg clomid three times/week for about 90 days.  Test level from today's test is 841. That's a pretty significant in

Posted Images

nothingbutquestions

Thanks to all who responded in the spirit of this thread and posted only their personal experiences for the benefit of all members and avoided hearsay and unsubstantiated posts from outside forums.

All the legitimate research I have read, the medical studies posted online,  and the urology websites I have sorted through point to the effectiveness and safety of Clomiphene Citrate when used in doses from 12.5 mg EOD (every other day) to 25 mg daily. 

Levels of Total T routinely jump 200+ with favorable T/E ratios above 10 after only 4-6 weeks - please read the studies for yourself.

One example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044663

Another study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24902614 

And a third: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830  

This urologist's blog is full of info: http://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/28/how-clomid-works-in-men/ 

Members on this forum in a different thread posted about using Clomiphene:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65241-testosterone-injections/?p=729058

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65241-testosterone-injections/?p=744522

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65241-testosterone-injections/?p=842966

My personal experience is nothing but positive since starting 7/24 - getting close to 4 months now.

Most all of the side effects ever written about were from studies on humans with vaginas (females) on much higher doses. 

Do your research, talk with men who have personal experience with it, and should you decide to try it, please post your experiences here for the benefit of other members.

Something to keep in mind, your body is very complex and has many interactions within multiple systems for every action. Adding exogenous Testosterone to your body because your T levels are low is asking for trouble because so many systems are effected by this imitation testosterone. Choosing instead to increase your body's own endogenous testosterone through the use of Clomiphene Citrate is far safer. The health risks of living with low T far outweigh anything reported by men as a side effect of Clomiphene Citrate. At the dosages most men here have found successful, I could see no reason not to try it for myself.

If it does not work for you, from what I have read, you may be a candidate for an aromatase inhibitor only. I use minimum doses of both, since for me, the Clomiphene worked so well.

My personal goal is simply to be healthy with all systems functioning the way they should. If your goals are similar, my experiences may be relevant

If your goals are different, perhaps there are other threads here that can help as most of the posters on this thread seem quite happy with minimal dosage to achieve the desired result of operational normalcy.  

• Like 1
RogerDat

Americans don't eat much bush meat, we get many hormones in our meat that is not in your diet I think.

That is why our estrogen is high I think, and so we try to counteract it.

But back on topic, clomid is now scarce on Mactan. I can get it for 40 cents a pill in US, verses P125 here, but cannot figure out how to get approval from the FDA here to receive it.

AussieLex

My personal goal is simply to be healthy with all systems functioning the way they should. If your goals are similar, my experiences may be relevant

I agree ... thank you ...

Headshot

Why is it that such young guys require such medication ?

I am old enough to be the father of many here and I have not even thought about taking anything.  :idontknow:

You are a lucky man. In my case, I have prescribed medications that I need to stay alive (heart) that drive down testosterone levels as a side effect. I talked to my cardiologist, and he gave me a full physical (which I get annually anyway), including about thirty lab tests, of which testosterone level was one. It turned out to be very low, and my doctor prescribed clomiphene citrate. I have been on it for almost two months now, and I will be getting another blood test to check the testosterone level at three months. I have read all of the literature on clomiphene citrate, and I have had absolutely none of the possible side effects (including vision problems). I feel good about the regimen my doctor has put me on, and I have had noticeable improvements.

I would really rather not have to deal with these issues, but sometimes your body dictates what you must do. You ignore it at your own peril. In my case, I have right bundle branch block and atrial fibrillation, and had a minor stroke two years ago. My meds have kept those problems at bay, and my heart is ticking along and my blood flowing smoothly just as it should. Unfortunately, sometimes the cure for one problem causes other issues. That is what I'm dealing with now.

I think it is asinine to play with the chemicals in your body for basically recreational purposes (such as body building), but when the chemicals go out of whack due to health issues, it is wise to get them back to a normal range so you can live a full, healthy life. In addition to the clomiphene citrate, I am also on an exercise regimen of one hour of aerobic exercise a day to build my endurance and get my weight down. Getting things back to relatively normal is my goal...and my only goal.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4
nothingbutquestions

clomid is now scarce on Mactan. I can get it for 40 cents a pill in US, verses P125 here

Roger, these are some comments I found on the other thread mentioning Clomid:

Mercury Drug sells Clomid at 250-275/pill 
other names: Clomid, OVA-MIT, Milophene, Serophen, Clomifene Citrate Tab 50mg
Generic sells OVA-MIT  at 80 - 100/pill
You might also check Watson.
It is available online and from what other posters have written, it is much cheaper in Malaysia and Cambodia if you or someone you know is travelling there. 

Anyone have any suggestions?
nothingbutquestions

In addition to the clomiphene citrate, I am also on an exercise regimen of one hour of aerobic exercise a day to build my endurance and get my weight down. Getting things back to relatively normal is my goal...and my only goal.

Congratulations on being pro-active about your health. You may find many extra positive benefits as your T levels rise. Some of your meds may need to adjusted down if your cholesterol levels begin to normalize. 

The stroke you mentioned, may I ask, was it ischemic or hemorrhagic?

A great quote I have posted before: You cannot out-exercise a poor diet.

Sugar and bread are your greatest enemies.

Good luck and success in all your efforts and will look forward to hearing of your results.

• Like 1
AussieLex

You are a lucky man. In my case, I have prescribed medications that I need to stay alive (heart) that drive down testosterone levels as a side effect.

I am kinda in the same boat here ... heart problems with 3 arteries partially blocked at 65 to 70% and this may require either Stenting or Bipass surgery one day. For the moment medication helps a lot and I am trying a more natural approach to try and help improve things. The blood thinners and medication to lower my blood pressure has a very negative effect on me having all sorts of fun ... thinner blood and lower blood pressure ... not great at all ... I discussed Clomid with my cardiologist and he is happy for me to go on 25mg, 3 times a week and I am sure he will monitor the situation as time goes by.  

I started Clomid on October 22 so its early days yet but I have noticed a small increase in energy and maybe with a bit of luck a little improvement beginning to happen downstairs. Time will tell I suppose but for now I am hopeful that this will help some and I for one am also grateful to those sharing their experiences on this forum.

• Like 1
Headshot

Congratulations on being pro-active about your health. You may find many extra positive benefits as your T levels rise. Some of your meds may need to adjusted down if your cholesterol levels begin to normalize. 

The stroke you mentioned, may I ask, was it ischemic or hemorrhagic?

A great quote I have posted before: You cannot out-exercise a poor diet.

Sugar and bread are your greatest enemies.

Good luck and success in all your efforts and will look forward to hearing of your results.

I'm just hoping it will make some difference. My stroke two years ago was center-line, and it may have involved my hypothalamus. That's really about all I know about it. My doctor said there was no evidence of any clotting, but I am on Eliquis because of my atrial fibrillation anyway. The possibility that the hypothalamus was affected makes this whole thing problematic as to whether or not the switches can be flipped...or if they are damaged beyond repair. I will find out in December if there is any change.

BTW, the other effect the stroke gave me was vertigo, which really screwed up my scuba diving. That pretty much self-corrected over time.

Edited by Headshot
  • 4 weeks later...
RogerDat

One benefit I have noticed, and I feel confident that others on this forum have noticed, is that I can now spell better and am not such a pain in the ass! 

Grumpy old man syndrome is gone!

I am no longer thin skinned!

My opinion only, you decide.

• Like 2
Headshot

One benefit I have noticed, and I feel confident that others on this forum have noticed, is that I can now spell better and am not such a pain in the ass! 

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

Trying out testosterone was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Even though it was only a few months, my balls shrunk PERMANENTLY, and there was no improvement in health. I don't want to know what damage it did to the rest of my body...

O.M.G. If my balls shrunk I would have nothing to sit on.

• Like 1

You're probably still a pain in the ass. I'll let ya know, though, if you really want me to. Just ask anytime. :D

contraman

O.M.G. If my balls shrunk I would have nothing to sit on.

So no need for this then ?   :)

tn_gallery_15724_993_6996.jpg

Scotsmans-kilt-Chair.jpeg

Edited by contraman
  • Like 3

You're probably still a pain in the ass. I'll let ya know, though, if you really want me to. Just ask anytime

No need, thats ok. If I get to the point where I can smell the short curlies buring on the bike exhaust, I'll just give them pills a try. Seems like a better alternitive to wearing a ball bra. Much too warm in the Philippines for that, I think...

So no need for this then ?   :)

ScotchChair.jpg

I cant see the pic, but I would make a guess that there is no need...