Sign in to follow this  
nothingbutquestions

Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid)

Bill H

From what I've read, they are recommending 25 mg per day, which is 1/2 of a 50 mg pill. At 128 pesos per pill (for the generic at Rose Pharmacy), that would be 64 pesos a day.

No!  I think that would be way too much.  That dosage is for a woman.  I was told to take 25mg 3x per week.  I took one-half pill every other day and skipped Sunday.  Worked like a charm, I'd take it again in a heart  beat.

Now guys (or maybe kinda guys is a better term) like Calasiaobound who worry about the effect on their ovaries and uterus, I really don't know how it would affect them.  Maybe that is mostly a California thing.  Anyway, I'm one of those old-fashioned guys who don't sport a uterus or ovaries, so I just don't know what the effect might be on them.

Edited by Bill H
  • Like 2

rainymike

If you have personal experience with any of this and want to share it with the rest of us, I know I, speaking for myself, would welcome your personal stories.

Although I take the blue pill when needed, it isn't always necessary.

I find that what helps is trying to maintain good health practices the best I can. Exercise, decent diet, and keeping the mind active seem to help the most - but I'm not fanatic about it.

I also take some supplements that provide a source of antioxidants, omega 3, and a vitamin supplement also thrown in. Supplements more intended to help offset my nasty habit of smoking. I think the scientific evidence on most of this is wishful thinking. But I'm following my mom's basic formula for supplements that seemed to work well for her. 

woodchopper

sometimes i wish i had "shrunken balls",,because i sit on mine sometimes when mounting the motorbike...... :wheel:

• Like 3

Headshot

No!  I think that would be way too much.  That dosage is for a woman.  I was told to take 25mg 3x per week.  I took one-half pill every other day and skipped Sunday.  Worked like a charm, I'd take it again in a heart  beat.

I knew that if we talked about this long enough someone with actual experience would chime in. What was the reason for stopping?

RogerDat

Now guys (or maybe kinda guys is a better term) like Calasiaobound who worry about the effect on their ovaries and uterus, I really don't know how it would affect them.  Maybe that is mostly a California thing.  Anyway, I'm one of those old-fashioned guys who don't sport a uterus or ovaries, so I just don't know what the effect might be on them.

I have started the 25mg every other day thing with Sunday break. 8/17/15. We will see.

Why is this non visible font now showing? all options are grayed out.

RogerDat

Bill H , how long did U take it, and why did U stop please?

Oz Jon

sometimes i wish i had "shrunken balls",,because i sit on mine sometimes when mounting the motorbike...... :wheel:

You are hangin too loose man! Lol!

Edited by Oz Jon

woodchopper

You are hangin too loose man! Lol!

aww, they are big

RogerDat

Greetings! Its 8/28, so I have been on the 3 x 1/2 pill schedule 12 days now.

Down side: quick temper at times until U adjust.

Up side; More alert, more energy, and get more work done ( non sexual ) have come down 4 kilos.

slight increase in sexual energy, but could be the B 12 shots.

I was in Manila yesterday and walked about 5 KM, a record for me, no leg cramps.

Will update next month.

• Like 1

garg

When I started taking clomiphene 6 months or a year ago, I started at 1/2 pill every other day. I started to get headaches but liked the results from taking clomiphene, so reduced the dosage. Eventually the headaches wwent away and I'm now at 1/4 pill every other day.

My testerone levels went from around the bottom of the range to somewhere in the middle, exactly where I wanted it.

More energy, etc., etc. Unlike traking testosterone injections/gel/patch, your body still produces the testosterone, so your balls don't shrink. Also unlike testosterone, you don't need to take "breaks" to allow your body to adjust to not making testosterone.

Yes the agression can rise, but at the lower dosage it is manageable.

Bill H

Bill H , how long did U take it, and why did U stop please?

I took it for about 6 months.  The only reason I stopped was I returned to the states and have not found a doctor who will give a prescription for it yet, but I think I'm getting close.

batman2525

I have started the 25mg every other day thing with Sunday break. 8/17/15. We will see.

Where can I get this stuff...?.Im currently in the UK.

Thanks.

sometimes i wish i had "shrunken balls",,because i sit on mine sometimes when mounting the motorbike...

Pictures...?

woodchopper

Pictures...?

i am shy

• Like 1

Headshot

I took it for about 6 months.  The only reason I stopped was I returned to the states and have not found a doctor who will give a prescription for it yet, but I think I'm getting close.

Did you have any unwanted side effects? Did it affect blood pressure? Temperment?

Edited by Headshot

calasiaobound

So am I to understand that one can just go to a pharmacy here and buy it w/0 a prescription or did I miss that part?