Sign in to follow this  
Highlighter

PAL Travel Insurance

Highlighter

On a recent trip to Thailand my wallet was stolen. Pickpocketed whilst riding a Baht Bus in Pattaya.

I had purchased the travel insurance offered by PAL, underwritten by PNB General Insurance Co. I have been in contact with them regarding making a claim for lost cash and out of pocket expenses to replace Credit Cards and drivers Licenses. Waiting to hear back from them.

My question is, has anybody been through the claim process with PAL / PNB?

Yes it was reported to the police.

cebulover2000

I have never heard that travel insurance would cover such incidents. They usually cover trip cancellation, lost luggage, medical emergencies and such. What does your policy say?

• Like 1

Mandingo

I had travel insurance with PAL on a flight I had scheduled from Manila to Tacloban in November of 2013, a few days after Yolanda hit. Even with travel insurance they acted like they had no intention of refunding my ticket and I finally contacted my Credit Card company and they reimbursed me in full. PAL keep saying the airport in Tacloban would be open when obviously it was not going to be and they gave me every excuse why it would be open even though I explained even if it was I could not make it to Ormoc because the roads were impassable. In my opinion they are the definition of  phuck-tards. 

But you may get lucky, I wish you luck :)

Edited by Mandingo

cebulover2000

I was trying to use my Canadian travel insurance (BMO mastercard) once this year just to see if it's worth it. Forget it, save your money, You need a lawyer if you want money out of them bastards. Even a registered letter to the president did not get a reaction. Try calling their numbers and talk to somebody other than the switch board, good luck, lol.

• Like 1

bargeman

They usually cover trip cancellation, lost luggage, medical emergencies and such. What does your policy say?

If your lucky !!!

Highlighter

They haven't indicated they won't pay out for the claim I will be making for the cash, they did say they will not cover the credit card renewals and associated fees

Stupid me left the Police report at home in Manila whilst overseas at work for 1 month. I will lodge the claim once I get back to Manila.