Paul

Thank you Daisy, I really did not want the amount posted but that still does not answer my question, and should you decide to answer it then please do not post my name and email address or any other of my personal information here.

My question is to others, besides a note if added, does the person who receives the money get a return email address and the name that is on the paypal account, along with the money?  

I had deleted her post earlier, Lee. Just send her a PM. (I also deleted all specific money amount reference, in your post. 

As soon as I had seen her post, I deleted it and sent her a PM to ask for her to communicate any specific dollar amounts via PM, with donors.

contraman

Paypal has always emailed me when funds have been received, (China, Japan, USA etc) however with several lots I have sent to the PI this has not happened.

Maybe because all other transactions were business related whereas the PI ones were personal

Or maybe its just a PI thing :(

I had deleted her post earlier, Lee. Just send her a PM. (I also deleted all specific money amount reference, in your post. 

As soon as I had seen her post, I deleted it and sent her a PM to ask for her to communicate any specific dollar amounts via PM, with donors.

Thank you Paul, I feel it is best to never post amounts because then others may feel bad that they did not give enough or those who gave more might then decide to give less the next time, and besides, I do not need a thank you, I have never asked for a thank you from anyone, I only would like an acknowledgement that people received the money. When I do not get an acknowledgement, then it always leaves me wondering if the person actually got the money, sorry but I do not trust paypal or any other online sites because I know that in the electronic world, things can get screwed up, thus my comment is in no way meant to be negative towards paypal, I just do not know how it works to be on the receiving end.  

Paul, as you know I have known Daisy and Alan for many years and have met up with them in person over the years in Cebu and in Cagayan de Oro. I believe Alan's forum name on here is "retired" in case members might remember seeing some of his posts. 

Paul, thank you for providing a forum where people can help others and get help. 

And for anyone who thinks I have an ulterior motive, do not worry, no one will ever be asking for help for me. 

contraman

no one will ever be asking for help for me. 

Why not, You are building a house in he PI aren't you : :yahoo:

• Like 1

Why not, You are building a house in he PI aren't you : :yahoo:

Because I am beyond help.  :yahoo:

• Like 1
contraman

Because I am beyond help.  :yahoo:

Damn, I should have realized that :)

• Like 1

Paypal has always emailed me when funds have been received, (China, Japan, USA etc) however with several lots I have sent to the PI this has not happened.

Maybe because all other transactions were business related whereas the PI ones were personal

Or maybe its just a PI thing :(

Thank you, that might explain why some people who get money do not send an acknowledgement because they think Paypal has already sent you one, and like you, when I pay for a product using paypal then I get an email and of course the product but when I send as personal to friends and family in the Philippines, I never get an acknowledgement from paypal other than them charging me for the money but that does not let me know the money got to whom it was sent. I guess from now on I will just have to continue to hope that it got where it was meant to do some good and besides, I hope no one else needs money anytime soon as my well has run dry. :(

Damn, I should have realized that :)

Yeah you met me, you should have known. :wink:

• Like 1
contraman

Thank you, that might explain why some people who get money do not send an acknowledgement because they think Paypal has already sent you one, and like you, when I pay for a product using paypal then I get an email and of course the product but when I send as personal to friends and family in the Philippines, I never get an acknowledgement from paypal other than them charging me for the money but that does not let me know the money got to whom it was sent. I guess from now on I will just have to continue to hope that it got where it was meant to do some good and besides, I hope no one else needs money anytime soon as my well has run dry. :(

Yeah you met me, you should have known. :wink:

Maybe put a note in the comments such as "Could You Please Email Me When You Receive These Funds"

• Like 1

Maybe put a note in the comments such as "Could You Please Email Me When You Receive These Funds"

Thank you again, good idea, I am learning, ever so slowly but hopefully learning. :( So I guess people get an email that the money is now in their account?

In our 21 years of marriage, we had always depended on our niece in Davao to send money to family since her account is attached to our BPI account, so we never got involved in sending within the Philippines until recent years when some friends have had some health and personal issues, thus my questions. I guess I am learning too slow and did not even realize there was a comment field until I think it was this year, maybe late last year, not sure. 

Or maybe I just do not remember. :(

• Like 1