I have never received any money via Paypal thus why I ask this question.

Does the person receiving the money know what name or email address it came from, if a note is not added? The reason I ask is because over the years I had sent money to some people via Paypal and never received an email or text from some of those receiving it, that they got it. Are we supposed to just trust Paypal, that because they send us a receipt, that the person got the money? 

Lately there have been a few on here asking for help and many of us do not mind helping but when we never know if the person ever got the money that was sent, then at least for me, it kind of discourages me to send any more money to help them or others, when a person or their partner cannot take the time to send a message to at least say they received the money, and possibly even add a thank you but as far as I am concerned that part would not be necessary. 

• Like 2
calasiaobound

It's been over nine months since I've sold any coins or minerals on EBay. They're always mixing things up on there. But having sold over 10,000 items, I can assure you, you get contact information. They do this in case of a dispute or for special circumstances such as shipping issues and the like. If memory serves.. you get their email Addy.

Alan S

Yes, you get a message telling you who has got the money and when.

• Like 1
lamoe

You should also get a statement by month - depends on how much you use them if every month.

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I have never received any money via Paypal thus why I ask this question.

Does the person receiving the money know what name or email address it came from, if a note is not added? The reason I ask is because over the years I had sent money to some people via Paypal and never received an email or text from some of those receiving it, that they got it. Are we supposed to just trust Paypal, that because they send us a receipt, that the person got the money? 

Lately there have been a few on here asking for help and many of us do not mind helping but when we never know if the person ever got the money that was sent, then at least for me, it kind of discourages me to send any more money to help them or others, when a person or their partner cannot take the time to send a message to at least say they received the money, and possibly even add a thank you but as far as I am concerned that part would not be necessary. 

My PayPal only sends me an Email when the money is sent. It tells when the money can be picked up. It never tells me when the money has been picked up.

My Email shows my Email addy as the sender and the recipient's Email addy as the receiver. I rely on the receiver to send me a text or an Email when they pick it up.

• Like 1

So what could be a valid excuse for someone to not reply back saying they had received it? I buy a lot of items on ebay using paypal and always got my items, so I know they got my address but was not sure if they got my email address, that was why I asked. 

Yes I get a monthly statement that shows the deductions from my paypal account and since I use a credit card attached to paypal, I also see the charges but NO WHERE does it show me the money was received by the person it was intended for, thus my point posting the question here. 

So what if many of us are sending via paypal to a person and only some of the money got to the person it was meant for, how would we know if the person does not notify us?

I do not know about you all but I hate sending money into cyberspace never knowing if the person got it. 

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

So what could be a valid excuse for someone to not reply back saying they had received it? Out of load?

Yes I get a monthly statement that shows the deductions from my paypal account and since I use a credit card attached to paypal, I also see the charges but NO WHERE does it show me the money was received by the person it was intended for, thus my point posting the question here. 

So what if many of us are sending via paypal to a person and only some of the money got to the person it was meant for, how would we know if the person does not notify us? With PayPal you have to rely on hearing from that person. Unlike Western Union.

I do not know about you all but I hate sending money into cyberspace never knowing if the person got it. 

• Like 1
Paul

Fortunately, Lee, in my case, most of the payments are donations through the forums. Unless they use the donate button on the portal, I always know exactly which member made the donation. That is, because PayPal is linked to the software. Once the confirmation has been made from PayPal - of a successful payment, the software automatically moves the member into his / her appropriate usergroup for a given donation. 

If, however, someone makes a donation through the donate button on the portal, I will not know who the member is, unless they tell me. All I can do is to send an email to the PayPal associated email address they have attached to the donor's PayPal account. Sometimes, it is just someone (guest viewer) who wishes to make a donation. Fortunately, I think just about everyone ever contacted via their PayPal associated email address, has replied back to me.

• Like 1

Believe me Paul, this is in no way about you or your forum, although if you have not gotten back to any member who donated, then I would recommend that you do, you always got back to me, so I suspect you have most likely done it with others as well. 

As we all on this forum and in the philippines age, I suspect there will be many more people asking for or needing help, and if those who get help do not notify those who sent the money that they received it, then they, or the next person, will more than likely not get as much or any help and this is not just about this forum, it is about others who have asked for help and who have nothing to do with this forum. 

Paul

Believe me Paul, this is in no way about you or your forum, although if you have not gotten back to any member who donated, then I would recommend that you do, you always got back to me, so I suspect you have most likely done it with others as well. 

No. That is the last thing that would have crossed my mind. I was only adding how I would know who it was, who made a donation to the site. 

As far as actual payments for anything goes, the only thing that would be paid for that way, would be Cristina's book. The one I have exclusive eBook rights on. 

• Like 1

Let me add, that this topic has nothing to do with Daisy either except that I would like to see a lot of members help her and Alan as they are both great people and Daisy has dedicated her life to helping others, so IMO they deserve to be helped.

• Like 3
A_Simple_Man

Does the person receiving the money know what name or email address it came from,

Seems like a convoluted way to ask:  Why don't people who receive money send a thank you note?  And the answer may be that they are too involved with a personal crisis or just damn thoughtless.

Seems like a convoluted way to ask:  Why don't people who receive money send a thank you note?  And the answer may be that they are too involved with a personal crisis or just damn thoughtless.

I am not sure why the heck you wrote it that way, I have no idea what people receive when money is sent by paypal or if they even receive it, that was why I asked. Do they get your email address and the name on the paypal account, that seems like a pretty simple question to get an answer to, then if so, yes you are correct, why not send an email saying that they received the money, the thank you would not be necessary as far as I am concerned but of course would be a polite thing to do. 

Thank you Daisy, I really did not want the amount posted but that still does not answer my question, and should you decide to answer it then please do not post my name and email address or any other of my personal information here.

My question is to others, besides a note if added, does the person who receives the money get a return email address and the name that is on the paypal account, along with the money?  

Edited by Paul