Sign in to follow this  
RogerDat

outboard motor for sale Cebu store

thebob

I think ill try that with my bangka in locos lol Ill make them cut off the back so itll be flat and connect an outboard

What do you think will it work?

Cut a "well" in the bancca, a few feet from the back. just big enough for the motor to slide in. It does't have to turn, just tilt.

Then you can fit a rudder behind the prop. Putting the outboard on the back of a bancca isn't good because it will cavitate going over every wave.

You can tilt up the outboard to beach it.

hilyfe

Im going to ask my builder if he can use an outboard

Which is better the outboard or just that regular motor they been using on those bangka?

Headshot

Outboard motors are best used on boats that are built to use outboard motors. Bancas are not built for that purpose. Buy a RIB boat, and put an outboard motor on that. It will go fast, it will be safer, and it will not sink. Bancas are a poor excuse for a boat. They generally aren't designed to go fast (the outriggers give a lot of drag), and they are very unstable (any unusual wave will flip them). The only reason they build bancas here is tradition. They have ALWAYS built boats that way, and they simply don't know any other way.

thebob

Which is better the outboard or just that regular motor they been using on those bangka?

Just put in a regular pump motor for a small bancca. Cheap and easy.

A lot of people give banccas a bad rap, but they are long, thin and have a minimal wetted area. They can't compete with a planing hull, but do well for what they are.

hilyfe

Those traditional banca or bangka

In our place doesnt look so reliable

With those small block engines they using

I just dont want to get stuck on the middle of the ocean lol

thebob

I just dont want to get stuck on the middle of the ocean lol

That's what a paddle and sail are for.