Oh Dear Australia

Scotsbloke

Absolutely pumped by The Poms in the first test.  Have you no pride?

• Like 5
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scotsbloke

• woodchopper

• ozboy

• bargeman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The phone rings in the Australian Cricket Team's changing room. "G'day. Could I speak to Michael Clarke, please?" "Aww, look, sorry mate, he's just gone out to bat." "Oh, that's alright, mate. I'll ha

Not even a little bit funny....   Well maybe a little...

Haud the fecking bus here, fanny baws.   None of my overly pale and thoroughly freckled Scottish skin is in the game.  I am merely the facilitator between a bunch of convicts and a pack of privately

Posted Images

mikewright

#@#$*%##!!!

Scotsbloke

#@#$*%##!!!

Insightful comment, chap ;)

I'd say England feel like a dog with two dicks right now.  No one expected that win in Cardiff.

Edited by Scotsbloke

Remember he who laughs last, laughs longest..... looong way to go yet. 

• Like 4
Scotsbloke

Remember he who laughs last, laughs longest..... looong way to go yet. 

Exactly.  I've no skin in this game, chap.  I was simply amused that The Poms won so easily against the odds.

• Like 2
Ozepete

Exactly.  I've no skin in this game, chap.  I was simply amused that The Poms won so easily against the odds.

But wait until we get all the bets on!!! :clapping:

• Like 1
AlooGobi

It has taken an Aussie coach to get the sooks to harden up a bit,they played well, can,t take anything away from them.

• Like 2
ozboy

Why pick a ground that barely holds 17,000 fans.....and never used before for the Ashes?????   We were dismal and the Poms played extra well.....no excuses...........

BUT......this is the last one the Balmy Army will enjoy.... :spiteful:

• Like 1
thebob

Lords on Thursday. The home of cricket. Looking forward to it, which is an unusual experience.

• Like 2

It has taken an Aussie coach to get the sooks to harden up a bit,they played well, can,t take anything away from them.

If you mean Bayliss it's hardly true, he has just taken over the role, not enough time to get his feet under the table never mind having a big influence.  The real reason is Paul Farbrace, he has been advocating this style of aggressive playing and it has worked in this test.

• Like 1

"""and never used before for the Ashes????? ""

It was also used in July 2009 in the 1st test of the Ashes. Match drawn

• Like 1
AlooGobi

The real reason is Paul Farbrace, he has been advocating this style of aggressive playing and it has worked in this test.

Paul who?

nuh this has Bayliss written all over it :clapping:

Paul who?

nuh this has Bayliss written all over it :clapping:

you can believe that if you want, but Farbrace and McCullam of NZ had more influence than Bayliss.  Remember Bayliss has only been coach for 6 weeks, England starting to play this way against New Zealand in the tests and ODI's well before Bayliss was even appointed :)

Hopefullly he will even improve the decent side that he has inherited.

I hope the aussies do better at lords, prefer closer results.

Scotsbloke

Here's something that interested me:

post-13206-0-82569800-1437008217_thumb.jpg

I'd have thought it was Fortress Lords. Seemingly not.  The next few days will be fascinating

• Like 1
woodchopper

win lose or draw,,they will all be shouted a drink by jason day after he wins this weekend????