Alan Passed Away. Was: I am personally needing your help this time

Daisy

Sory I can not help more a the moment, pm me in 10 days and I'll see if you and Madz can have a chat in robi again 

• Like 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daisy

• Paul

• Headshot

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, Headshot, I have to disagree with you on this support requirement. I do not see anywhere mentioning that an affidavit of support is required for applying the widow’s via. In order to make sure,

if youhave to  come to the states and need a place to stay we always have a room

daisy,       when faced with what seems like an insurmountable problem, the best way to tackle it is to break it into smaller more manageable parts. i would suggest at this time of loss you should

Posted Images

I want all of you to know that in this journey, the people in this forum are our real partners. Thank you for journeying with us. So sorry that there are times that I seemed to be pushing you to send me money...I am just so desperate and i want to save my other half.

Alan is now in the Divine Shepherd Morgue, the only place in CDO who have Cremation. Long time ago he explicitly told me this, and I quote:

" If and when I die ahead of you which is most probably will happen, please do not put in a coffin to be surrounded by family and friends. Cremate me right away and have them visit me with my ashes and picture around. If you can buy fresh flowers, then put one. from you."

I am strictly following his wishes right now...but .he does not know that I camped beside the morgue in the little room the admin gives me and will make this my home with him for two nights since there are some legal documents to accomplished first before the cremation...and its SUnday, no government offices are open

• Like 5

Sincerest Condolences.... As i had mentioned in the past to another member, my wife and I would like to contribute something to assist in your needs but have had difficulty reaching out as we dont know how to use the Palawan store to send financials.

Though weve never met, We extend our Heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.

We figured it out, all we needed was their contact info

May his soul rest in peace.  He is no longer suffering.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My sincere condolences.

YES DAISY YOU Can't GET ANY THING  from SS ,while your in the Philippines if you don't have a green card or a American citizen already or he died of war wounds and was drawing a pension for that not sure how that works ok,but if your children get a check they will get a increase not sure if there is more than one child how much it will be just call and deal with them ok  But you might get the lump sum payment for death benefits not sure what it is now use to be a few hundred dollars  But you do have two yrs to file for a widows visa check on that also if you don't do it they not do for you and if you get to the USA they will give you a check for child in care if the child's lives with you ok ,,,, ,get busy next week with SS  to get the ball rolling ok and if he gets any future checks to his account don't  use it send it back or they will file for it later for you to repay and may hold it against you if you file for a widows visa ok good luck sorry for your pain.

• Like 2
Headshot

Sincerest Condolences.... As i had mentioned in the past to another member, my wife and I would like to contribute something to assist in your needs but have had difficulty reaching out as we dont know how to use the Palawan store to send financials.

Though weve never met, We extend our Heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.

On Palawan Pawn, all you have to do is go to any SM Business Center. They are tied to Palawan Pawn, so you can send money through them. All you need is the full name of the recipient. They give you a number, which you send to the recipient (by PM or email), and you're done.

• Like 1
Paul

YES DAISY YOU Can't GET ANY THING  from SS ,while your in the Philippines if you don't have a green card or a American citizen already or he died of war wounds and was drawing a pension for that not sure how that works ok,but if your children get a check they will get a increase not sure if there is more than one child how much it will be just call and deal with them ok  But you might get the lump sum payment for death benefits not sure what it is now use to be a few hundred dollars  But you do have two yrs to file for a widows visa check on that also if you don't do it they not do for you and if you get to the USA they will give you a check for child in care if the child's lives with you ok ,,,, ,get busy next week with SS  to get the ball rolling ok and if he gets any future checks to his account don't  use it send it back or they will file for it later for you to repay and may hold it against you if you file for a widows visa ok good luck sorry for your pain.

Daisy, please, seriously consider this widow's visa deal. It may be an excellent opportunity for you.

• Like 2

Daisy, please, seriously consider this widow's visa deal. It may be an excellent opportunity for you.

YES Paul, I have no CHOICE for I still owe to the hospital more than 600k pesos hospital bills with 2 TITLE of  properties given as collateral. One from my father and from a friend in my Church... 

I know I will have a tough journey alone with JESUS CHRIST as my partner now.

Paul

YES Paul, I have no CHOICE for I still owe to the hospital more than 600k pesos hospital bills with 2 TITLE of  properties given as collateral. One from my father and from a friend in my Church... 

I know I will have a tough journey alone with JESUS CHRIST as my partner now.

Daisy, I am talking about something completely different. I am talking about a visa to go to the US, that Tonny says is only valid for two years. So, you still have time to file for that. 

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/widower

Green Card for a Widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen

Widows or widowers who were married to U.S. citizens at the time of the citizen’s death may apply for a green card.

Until October 28, 2009, you had to have been married to the deceased citizen for at least two years at the time of the deceased citizen’s death, in order to immigrate as the widow(er) of a citizen.  Congress removed this requirement, effective October 28, 2009. 

To immigrate as the widow(er) of a citizen, you must prove that you were legally married to the citizen, and that you entered the marriage in good faith, and not solely to obtain an immigration benefit.

Widow(er) Without a Pending or Approved Immigrant Petition

If you were married to U.S. citizen before the citizen’s death, but had no I-130 petition filed on your behalf, you can self-petition as an “immediate relative” on Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

To qualify, you must not have  been divorced or legally separated from the U.S. citizen at the time of death.  Your eligibility to immigrate as a widow(er) ends if yout have remarried. You must file within 2 years of the citizen’s death.

miles-high

Daisy, I am talking about something completely different. I am talking about a visa to go to the US, that Tonny says is only valid for two years. So, you still have time to file for that.

Daisy, I do not know your background but it may not be easy for you to work and repay the amount you owe and to have your collateral cancelled.

Accordingly, it would be an excellent opportunity for you to apply for the widow’s visa (I-130, see below).

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/widower

You would have to file the I-130 within 2 years of his death but this visa would be granted in less than a year, most likely within a few month. As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, Tagalog speaking helpers/caregivers/caretakers with legal work visa are sought after in many US states, particularly Hawaii and Guam, as per my immigration lawyers.

A minimum wage in the US is around $9 per hour (strictly enforced) so you could earn about PHP65,000 per month, if not more. So you could get the collaterals back in a year or two and being in Guam, Manila is only 3.5 hours away so you may be able to take care those business matters relatively easy (I do not work for any Guam or Hawaii tourist/promotion org or company ;)).

So, I would suggest you seriously consider what Paul suggested ASAP…

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 8
sugbu777

Guam, Manila is only 3.5 hours away so you may be able to take care those business matters relatively easy (I do not work for any Guam or Hawaii tourist/promotion org or company ;)). So, I would suggest you seriously consider what Paul suggested ASAP

As someone who lives on Guam, 25 percent of the population here is Filipino. It would be an easier transition to the "States".

• Like 2
Headshot

The widow's visa requires that the widow is able to support herself in the US (through known income), which, with Alan gone may be questionable. Did he have any pensions other than SS that will continue paying you through a survivor's benefit? Do you have any other sources of income? If not, it might be very difficult to get a widow's visa (unless somebody will sponsor you...guarantee that you will not end up on welfare). In any event, the widow of a US citizen has two years from the US citizen's death to apply for a widow's visa should she wish to move to the US.

Edited by Headshot