Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Alan Passed Away. Was: I am personally needing your help this time

shadow

Daisy, if and when I find a wife I hope she fights for me the way you fought for Alan. Your love for him in his struggles warmed my heart. God bless you and your family.

Daisy helped more people than most people know. She was always fighting for someone, giving her time freely to those who needed it.

• Like 4

Runian

Madeleine and my condolences  :( 

Ozbrum

Daisy

Your head is high and be proud of what you did ....our sincere condolences to you and your loved ones

Please private me your number, we can help

Ozepete

My sincere condolences Daisy. 

Alan was a lucky man to have such a caring partner.

• Like 2

broden

our sincerest condolences 

Sonny

O Daisy !  I am so sorry to hear this.  I remember your good works from years past in CDO, my loving wife's home town, where we lived.  Love to you both.

Enuff

R I P

Lee

Nila and I are so very sorry to hear this, our sincerest condolences to Daisy and family. 

ahoy53

Condolences

Mandingo

My condolences and prayers.

Jeepney

RIP Alan.

Bill H

Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences for you and your family.  Tonny gave you some very good advice.  If your husband was an American, then he more than likely had American social security coverage.  As his widow, you should receive at least half of what he was getting when he was alive (maybe more depending on the circumstances) and any children you had together who are under the age of 18 will qualify for a monthly benefit (usually over $500 USD a month.)  I believe there is a Social Security office in the Embassy and the Consulate in Cebu may also help you get and fill out the necessary forms to get some money rolling in every month.  They surely have a website that contains information on how to claim death benefits.  Here is the URL  http://www.ssa.gov

Daisy

Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences for you and your family.  Tonny gave you some very good advice.  If your husband was an American, then he more than likely had American social security coverage.  As his widow, you should receive at least half of what he was getting when he was alive (maybe more depending on the circumstances) and any children you had together who are under the age of 18 will qualify for a monthly benefit (usually over $500 USD a month.)  I believe there is a Social Security office in the Embassy and the Consulate in Cebu may also help you get and fill out the necessary forms to get some money rolling in every month.  They surely have a website that contains information on how to claim death benefits.  Here is the URL  http://www.ssa.gov because they never will as to the cases of the few Americans before that I had tried to help.. 

Thanks for this info....Yes, he had SS pension.  will I qualify for this even if I have not been to the US?.I have no update on anything anymore regarding US Embassy....I am so disappointed with them on how they  help Americans in destitute situation because they never will  as to the cases of the few Americans I had tried to help before. Other Embassies will help their constituents. But I will try again. .

Ed1961

Sincerest Condolences.... As i had mentioned in the past to another member, my wife and I would like to contribute something to assist in your needs but have had difficulty reaching out as we dont know how to use the Palawan store to send financials.

Though weve never met, We extend our Heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.

Paul
will I qualify for this even if I have not been to the US?

I would suggest asking Tonny (Jimmy / James). He is a very valuable resource, concerning the Social Security Administration. But, from the limited knowledge I have, I do not think you will. HOWEVER, I do believe, as the widowed spouse of an American citizen, it may allow you the possibility of going to the US, if you, or he, have family you could depend on while you get established there? Do not hold me to this. But, I believe that may be true. 

I have no update on anything anymore regarding US Embassy....I am so disappointed with them on how they  help Americans in destitute situation

Unless one is active US Military, which makes the person US government property, the US Embassy / State Department, typically, doesn't give two shits about its citizens abroad. This ESPECIALLY applies to the US Embassy in the Philippines.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2