Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Alan Passed Away. Was: I am personally needing your help this time

miles-high

When I go to the hospital on Monday, probably it would be better if I can fill up the forms already and will tell the hospital Admin in-charge in my account that the foreigners of LINC already paid my Widow's visa application so that I can be able to pay the hospital, there might be a chance on this because from the very start, they knew that almost all the money I got for Alan's medicines were coming from you in this forum...

I suppose you could tell your creditor(s) that the petition is being filed by showing them the completed form I-130 http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-360.pdf. Better yet, show them the petition together with the receipt from the US Embassy.

Perhaps you could even ask them to finance your petition (I think the filing fee is around US$400) and a trip to Manila, etc. I don’t think there is anything wrong in telling them that the minimum wage in the US is about $9 per hour, the average wage of what you would like to do would be $XX per hour (just do some homework re the wages in the state or in the US territory you plan to go), your likely annual income and what amount you would likely to send them per month, etc.

From the creditors’ point view, I am sure it is more reassuring that you plan to go to the US, then repay the money you owe from your income earned in the US than your promise to repay the debt from your wages in the Philippines.

Just write a well-laid out “business plan” where you would like to go in the US, how likely your petition is granted, how you would like to earn your income and repay the debt, perhaps in the PowerPoint format or something similar… :)

PS Include this in your presentation: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDPHP=X&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=#{"allowChartStacking":true}

Edited by miles-high

Headshot

I would think that from a creditor's perspective, a debtor leaving the country might be considered a negative rather than a positive. How do they know the debtor is going there to make money rather than just fleeing the debt? Financial institutions tend to be very short on trust, and for good reason. They have people trying to avoid repaying loans all of the time. daisy already has two properties under  lien for this loan. I don't think they should need any more assurance that she will repay the loan. How she does that is her business, but if she tells them she is planning to leave the country, that may be bad in the loan negotiation portion of this process. Additional worries are the last thing she should give them. They should know, though, that if they delay releasing the death certificate, it will also delay your ability to repay them.

Daisy, have you asked the hospital to discount the bill at all? Bills like this are often negotiable in both amount and repayment. It is unlikely that you will be able to make a payment for a few months unless you get more help from your friends, so you should try to get the payments postponed a little. However, right now, you don't even know how much the final bill will be. I'm surprised that Phil Health has taken so long to kick in. When my MIL was hospitalized, we knew how much they would pay the same day she was released. I would think the same would be true of the other agencies you have approached at least to some extent as well. It shouldn't take them very long to decide how much they will pay. Only after you know what the remaining bill is should you negotiate the remainder with the financial folks.

Daisy

Yes

I would think that from a creditor's perspective, a debtor leaving the country might be considered a negative rather than a positive. How do they know the debtor is going there to make money rather than just fleeing the debt? Financial institutions tend to be very short on trust, and for good reason. They have people trying to avoid repaying loans all of the time. daisy already has two properties under  lien for this loan. I don't think they should need any more assurance that she will repay the loan. How she does that is her business, but if she tells them she is planning to leave the country, that may be bad in the loan negotiation portion of this process. Additional worries are the last thing she should give them. They should know, though, that if they delay releasing the death certificate, it will also delay your ability to repay them.

Daisy, have you asked the hospital to discount the bill at all? Bills like this are often negotiable in both amount and repayment. It is unlikely that you will be able to make a payment for a few months unless you get more help from your friends, so you should try to get the payments postponed a little. However, right now, you don't even know how much the final bill will be. I'm surprised that Phil Health has taken so long to kick in. When my MIL was hospitalized, we knew how much they would pay the same day she was released. I would think the same would be true of the other agencies you have approached at least to some extent as well. It shouldn't take them very long to decide how much they will pay. Only after you know what the remaining bill is should you negotiate the remainder with the financial folks.

Yes I do have the final billing from the hospital.

This will be deducted from what I will get from PCSO, which I dont know yet...

City Mayor's office    10,000.00

DSWD Region 10     10,000.00

I can make the bargaining if and when I will come to the hospital with my CASH in my hands specially the PF of  the doctors. Alan has doctors who charge him at a very minimal rate.

post-1473-0-11302600-1439352555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daisy

Daisy

this is for 40 days

25 days in the ICU and 15 days ward room

EXCLUDING medicines and laboratories starting July 5, 2015

Paul

I would think that from a creditor's perspective, a debtor leaving the country might be considered a negative rather than a positive. How do they know the debtor is going there to make money rather than just fleeing the debt?

If the person has property up for collateral, as she does, that should be more than enough guarantee that she will pay it off. 

See if they will give her, say, a year to do so, before taking the properties put up for collateral. 

Just let them know you are going to secure a visa to go to the US in order to secure a job there. Then you can send them regular payments, installments, to pay off the debt. 

• Like 4

Headshot

If the person has property up for collateral, as she does, that should be more than enough guarantee

Unless I missed something here, the properties used for collateral are owned by her father and by a church associate. Daisy, do you own property in your own name?

Edited by Headshot

Daisy

Unless I missed something here, the properties used for collateral are owned by her father and by a church associate. Daisy, do you own property in your own name?

The property that i have is only a tax declaration not yet titled. hospital will not accept it

Davaoeno

The property that i have is only a tax declaration not yet titled. hospital will not accept it

But people will still buy tax dec properties, so maybe you could sell this property to redeem the other 2  ?    [ or at least the one owned by your church friend]

• Like 5

Headshot

It's actually a good thing that your property is unencumbered by a lien from the hospital. It will make it easier to sell to generate liquid assets.

• Like 1

Daisy

At last I got Alan's death certificate. I gave promissory note, with a promise to pay within one year. 2 titles from my Dad's property and my best friend.  

I am also working now in the government, TESDA Region 10 but assign in Misamis Occidental province.

I am  also starting to work on the requirements of my widow's visa. I still have his ashes  no plan to scatter it yet into the Philippine sea.

I will survive with God's help. Again, thank you to all your financial support and prayers.

• Like 4

Paul

At last I got Alan's death certificate. I gave promissory note, with a promise to pay within one year. 2 titles from my Dad's property and my best friend.  

I am also working now in the government, TESDA Region 10 but assign in Misamis Occidental province.

I am  also starting to work on the requirements of my widow's visa. I still have his ashes  no plan to scatter it yet into the Philippine sea.

I will survive with God's help. Again, thank you to all your financial support and prayers.

Daisy, as I have stated before. I am pretty sure a number of the members stateside would go out of their way to help you get established in the US. I firmly believe this to be the best option for you, long term. 

I wish you and your family the best. I hope I am able to visit you in country, prior to you (possibly) leaving. (I have plans, but will keep them to myself for now.)

Lee

Happy you are getting back on your feet, so to speak. Nila and I hope that your future life will be a great one. Hope to see you in CDO one of these days and if not then we will always be happy to try to help you if you get down our way in Florida, or on the phone answering any questions along the way once you get to the US and have a US phone number, just email or pm me.

miles-high

Happy to note you are getting ready to obtain your widow’s visa…

Please see my post @118 and Paul’s @139 and perhaps contact Shadow… perhaps he can help you?

I do not know what he charges for his services but I would be happy to chip in, as before, to help, if needed...