Sign in to follow this  
Rocketman

Air Asia Cancels a Flight - I lose

Rocketman

Booked a flight on Air Asia from Cebu to Davao a month ago and last night I get an e-mail telling me the flight was cancelled.  The only 2 options they offer are to take a flight 6 hours later the same day or get a credit that's only good for 90 days.  

It's really incredible that Air Asia thinks this is proper and it's legally allowed.  But, so it goes.  I'll try to get a credit with my credit card company in the U.S. but don't hold much hope.

WOW - sucks to be a customer!  Just glad it was a cheap flight!

A_Simple_Man

The only 2 options they offer are to take a flight 6 hours later the same day or get a credit that's only good for 90 days.  

I think that is better service than some airlines.  Cebu Pacific has been known to run 6 hours late without notifying the customer or giving them any options at all.  Just think of your flight as being 6 hours late and they had the courtesy to notify you.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Salty Dog

I had throwaway tickets canceled twice by them. In fact the entire route was canceled. They gave me a number to call for a refund. Gave up after trying several months to contact them.

My budy had the same thing happen and was able to get a refund.

Both tickets were less than $20 and never planned on using them anyway.

Rocketman

I think that is better service than some airlines.  Cebu Pacific has been known to run 6 hours late without notifying the customer or giving them any options at all.  Just think of your flight as being 6 hours late and they had the courtesy to notify you.  Don't sweat the small s

If it's so small, send me the P4,500  LOL

• Like 4

Davaoeno

M wife and her son have a flight booked this am at 910 from Cebu to Davao.  They came on the overnight boat from Ormoc. The boat was supposed to leave at 10 pm and arrive at 4 am . Instead it left at 230 am today and arrived at 830 pm. 

I went to the Airasia website to check on tickets this pm . I found out that their 910 am flight has been changed to 1025 am- which should just about give the wife enough time to catch it [ they already have boarding passes]

Sometime things here work out for your benefit .  Not often though.

• Like 3

woodchopper

from experience,,i have found airlines will not give "money back",,it seems the way of airlines now,,(Scoot and Cebu Pacific are the 2 i know)

Mandingo

Cebu Pacific pulled about the same thing on me and I notified my CC company and did get a refund. Worth a try in your case too.

• Like 1

contraman

from experience,,i have found airlines will not give "money back",,it seems the way of airlines now,,(Scoot and Cebu Pacific are the 2 i know)

I have received several credits from Cebu Pacific and without any hassles.

I can not say he same for Jetstar, Qantas or Singapore Airlines.

Royal Brunei are great,never once had an issue, even when I changed flights.

I guess everyone gets a different deal

• Like 2

woodchopper

I have received several credits from Cebu Pacific and without any hassles.

I can not say he same for Jetstar, Qantas or Singapore Airlines.

Royal Brunei are great,never once had an issue, even when I changed flights.

I guess everyone gets a different deal

i mean cashback,,not credits,,they dont seem to have cash available,,haha

and in hindsight,,with so many tickets being bought online,,cash does not seem an "inhand option"

Edited by woodchopper

ron100

i had the same email , i have the option of changing both my flights to when ever i want as i had a return from cebu to davao so it will work out ok for me, u could fly the day befour, if u go to your bookings and it will have the option of changing your flight,

Rocketman

i had the same email , i have the option of changing both my flights to when ever i want as i had a return from cebu to davao so it will work out ok for me, u could fly the day befour, if u go to your bookings and it will have the option of changing your flight,

Thanks for the info.  I can't change my dates.  I got a reply from Air Asia from their Facebook page.  We'll see where this goes....

bargeman

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Don't sweat the small stuff multiplied by the number of passengers who do just that = nice little 'earner' for the airlines.

ron100

if the flight is over 4 hrs , delayed or changed ,they should give u the option of any time,or day??or is it u are unable to change the day u can travel??

when i log into my profile they have a option that i used to change when i look at modify my flight ,??? for cebu davao legs

Rocketman

The conclusion:     The only way Air Asia communicated with me was via Facebook.  No name, phone number or e-mail.  After many posts by me on their Facebook page, Air Asia finally offered to refund my money... in 90 business days.  I was told if I did not get my credit in that amount of time to contact them again ON FACEBOOK.  My credit card company refunded the ticket price and told me to not worry about it anymore - that they would handle the airline.

• Like 2

Headshot

My credit card company refunded the ticket price and told me to not worry about it anymore - that they would handle the airline.

THAT is the way to handle ANY retailer or service provider that doesn't deliver. Challenge the charge, and let the credit card company go after them.

• Like 2