Sign in to follow this  
Lee

Teaching locals to swim

broden

that would be kinda weird if a boat full of them went down

• Like 2

Ozbrum

If there was some way to organize something like that in Cebu and other areas, it might be a worthwhile project that could end up saving lives in the future. IMHO everyone should at least know how to do the basics of swimming, tread water, etc, maybe we can all start out with our families whenever practical and ask them to teach others and so on and so on.

Great post Lee

There is a public pool at Family Park Talamban near the Uni of San carlos

Could easily be used to teach and to offer free lessons I would be happy to assist anyone who has the time and inclination to start something

• Like 2

Dublin boy

??????

Please explain what you mean : :idontknow:

Invite school kids to your pool in your house with parents to teach them how to swim. One parent gets jealous or gets peed off for what ever reason. Then you get the police turn up for some bull story and your in jail. How many times have you read story's like this with a Kano.

Hope this explains

contraman

Invite school kids to your pool in your house with parents to teach them how to swim. One parent gets jealous or gets peed off for what ever reason. Then you get the police turn up for some bull story and your in jail. How many times have you read story's like this with a Kano.

Hope this explains

None as yet, But there is always a first I guess.

IMHO

If this was to be done, it would be a bit dumb to do it at a private home.

But there are some dumb folks around :idontknow:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 1

Dublin boy

None as yet, But there is always a first I guess.

IMHO

If this was to be done, it would be a bit dumb to do it at a private home.

But there are some dumb folks around :idontknow:

Exactly that's why I would not offer up my pool for this sort of activity. Funny how you have never seen on this forum a foreigner being stiched up after upsetting a local or wife etc. but there again perhaps you don't read those story's.