Sign in to follow this  
RichardMann

MovenPick Mactan

RichardMann

I am curious and thinking of moving their. They have both Globe and PLDT Fibroptic lines and a nice beach.

Anyone know anything I should be cautious of?

Tinbum

Lets just say that the building infrastructure, ie HVAC and plumbing risers is/ are in need of a real good overhaul. Believe me I know!!!! Plus, in the residential towers they only run one out of two elevators to save money!!

It does have a good reputation, they recently got a new French Head Chef, not that nationality has anything to do with it.

The facilities are nice and the Beach club is architecturally interesting as well as a great place to dine.

Like anything, pluses and minuses!!

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Anyone know anything I should be cautious of?

You do realize its a long drive to anywhere from there?  It is the only negative I know of but it would be a deal breaker for me..

• Like 4

RichardMann

Yes THANKS FOR THE REMINDER..  to the city ITS  A NIGHTMARE OF small roads that are easily bottlenecked ..with seemingly no city planning.  Yet I  work at home  ... and my occasion trip to the big city malls is not enough to justify staying in the polluted and bottled up  inner city.. plus I really need the fibre optic which as you know is quite rare here..

and I love the beach/sea.   

I haven't found any other comparable condo buildings with 5 star amenities... and fibre optic.. I have yet to sign a lease but am seriously considering it.

Thank you for your comments.

Edited by RichardMann

smokey

fiber has come to many subdivisions ... I will admit the excitement was overwhelming when I heard 8 mb ... but then I remembers in Arizona I took the lowest cost internet plan because I was only there half time and it was 20 mb and half the cost of my 8 mb... life is like a box of turds

• Like 2

SkyMan

plus I really need the fibre optic which as you know is quite rare here..
It was.  Much of Liloan has fiber now.  I imagine Consolacion and Mandaue have quite a bit of fiber too.

RichardMann

Well I am in IT park at Present ..in Calyx.. NEwest and Latest and no FIBRE here.. 

:-(

Salty Dog

Well I am in IT park at Present ..in Calyx.. NEwest and Latest and no FIBRE here..

:-(

But you can get at least 10Mbs there and probably much faster if you're willing to pay.

I don't have fiber where I live, but cable can still provide 100Mbs.

SkyMan

But you can get at least 10Mbs there and probably much faster if you're willing to pay.

I don't have fiber where I live, but cable can still provide 100Mbs.

What cable is that?

Salty Dog

What cable is that?

Sorry I wasn't more specific that I now live in the USA. I was just trying to point out that you don't need fiber to get high-speed internet.

I did live in Calyx for a year and a half and had 10Mbs with Globe.

Edited by Salty Dog

RogerDat

Kalawisan on Mactan has 2 fiber optic cables. No one is allowed to connect to them unless in a subdivision.

BUT, no houses in subdivision has connection either!

bmoore

Does MovenPick run a regular free shuttle into town for residents? Any plans to upgrade the Mactan perimeter road?

Magill

So how long does it actually take to get from MovenPick into the city?

bmoore

So how long does it actually take to get from MovenPick into the city?

It can take an hour to get to the bridge.

Magill

It can take an hour to get to the bridge.

Thank you.

Is it different at various times of day?