Minor rescued from American: Girl, family living with suspect

So here once again, here we have a foreigner in the company of a minor (17 years old) turns out to be a problem for the guy even when her mother and father are living with them. Guys be careful if you are in the same place as someone under 18 because all it seems to take is someone complaining. 

A 17-year-old girl was rescued by the police from the house of a retiree of the US Department of Defense past 6 p.m. Saturday in Barangay Odlot, Bogo City.

Police were there to serve the search warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Branch 61 presiding judge Antonio Marigomen on the house of David Ray Carpenter, 67, in Barangay Odlot, after the minor was seen inside his house.

Carpenter, a native of North Carolina, USA, was arrested by police along with the parents of the minor who were also inside the house when the police came. The minor is now under the custody of the Provincial Women’s Commission.

The police recovered a pellet gun, two cans of lead pellets, an address book, two pouches, bottles of vitamins and medicines and two knives from the house of the suspect.

They also confiscated a mobile wi-fi unit, two mobile phones, a laptop, 10 memory cards, four flash drives, three DVDs, a power bank, a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera and a photograph of the minor.

Police also found assorted jewelry, shoes and dresses and P22,380 and $5,821 in cash.

Police said the foreigner and the minor were lying next to each other on the floor and the mother was lying next to the girl while the minor’s father was on the couch in the living room when they implemented the search warrant.

When the police arrested the American he was still in shock and asked the police what he had done wrong. He reasoned that his brother-in-law and his friends are all doing the same; finding local girls to live with, said Supt. Richard Oliver, Bogo City Police Station chief.

The parents of the rescued minor, who are both 47 years old, were also arrested by the police who believe they committed human trafficking.

Oliver said that the foreigner was placed under surveillance for over a month after they received reports from the barangay officials that he was living with a minor with the consent of her parents.

Carpenter, who was once married to a Filipina who left him to go abroad after their divorce, has been staying in Bogo City for five years now.

The minor and her parents, who are neighbors of the foreigner, reportedly moved in with the suspect in his house last February. MORE

• Like 1
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be a good idea to limit one's relationships to adults.

well well well.... how very righteous some of you can be.     My mother was married at 17, had 3 kids by the time she was 21 after the 3rd. my father was dispatched over seas and spent the next 6 y

Might be better to just stay away form underage girls

Posted Images

blaze pontaine

He should've got the parents' notarized permission.

sugbu777

Seems to be a pattern in Bogo. There's been other threads in this forum regarding foreigners apprehended in Bogo. Might be a good place to stay away from.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Oliver said that the foreigner was placed under surveillance for over a month after they received reports from the barangay officials that he was living with a minor with the consent of her parents.

Carpenter, who was once married to a Filipina who left him to go abroad after their divorce, has been staying in Bogo City for five years now.

The minor and her parents, who are neighbors of the foreigner, reportedly moved in with the suspect in his house last February.

The mother told Oliver that the foreigner promised them that he would marry their daughter, bring her to the United States and provide for the girl’s clothes, jewelries and gadgets.

The suspect and the parents of the rescued minor were detained at the Bogo Police Station’s lock-up cell while charges for human trafficking will be filed against them.

The rescued minor will be subjected to medical examination to check if she has been sexually abused by the foreigner.

What a screwed up system.

They suspect an adult male is messing with a minor and they wait for a month to try and get evidence. Kind of like witnessing a rape and waiting until the guy is finished so there will be more evidence.

The last sentence states they will test her to see if there was sexual abuse. Wouldn't any sex with a minor, be considered abuse?

Edited by Salty Dog
woodchopper

it would seem having the parents there to try to circumvent the Law,,would be a bit like playing "russian roulette",,given the "honourable" of all concerned?

sugbu777

Might be better to just stay away form underage girls :)

So a grandfather could not be in the company of his granddaughter? I am not passing judgement on the person involved in this case. I don't know the facts. But I do know that if I were taking my three granddaughters to say, a children's movie, and some idiot tried to say I was "involved" with them because they are kids...there would be a fight.

• Like 3
Cebudog

So a grandfather could not be in the company of his granddaughter? I am not passing judgement on the person involved in this case. I don't know the facts. But I do know that if I were taking my three granddaughters to say, a children's movie, and some idiot tried to say I was "involved" with them because they are kids...there would be a fight.

If you look at this guy's facebook page very plain to see that this is not his granddaughter unless he's into incest too.

• Like 2
ozboy

Might be a good idea to limit one's relationships to adults.

and this is the small print...

The mother told Oliver that the foreigner promised them that he would marry their daughter, bring her to the United States and provide for the girl’s clothes, jewelries and gadgets.

• Like 1

The accused man refers to the girl as his wife in a photo in his Facebook.

post-12015-0-31409400-1435537934_thumb.jpg

ozboy

He is 67 years old...She is a child!

• Like 9
ex231

In one FB post he tells her "you're a lovely wife". One of my pet peeves is guys referring to  their GFs as their "wife". Banging some sweet young thing does not make her your wife. Marrying her does. It's so common place here that when I introduce my wife as my wife I'm often asked "Is she really your wife or just your GF?" I understand why they ask but if we didn't have all the bullshitters blowing smoke up the GF's ass they wouldn't need to.

• Like 6
sugbu777

be a

If you look at this guy's facebook page very plain to see that this is not his granddaughter unless he's into incest too.

I don't do facebook and never have or will. I am a grandfather. I was referring to myself in the post. If someone tried to pull that shit on me, there would be a fight. You obviously did not read my full post.

• Like 1

The accused man refers to the girl as his wife in a photo in his Facebook.

attachicon.gifDRC.jpg

And in another FB for Dave Carpenter his status shows engaged to David Ray Carpenter.  I presume the girl is using the DRC moniker.