Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Colonoscopy contact info for Gastroenterologist

Jawny

I was hoping some members had contact information for GI doctors in Cebu doing colonoscopies.

I reviewed older threads and saw names, but no contact information. I've had an exam from Dr. Rudy Go, but getting an appointment was a real hassle. I'm traveling from Leyte so it becomes a major pain to arrive by ferry, go and wait hoping to see the doctor. If there are too many waiting, have to return after an overnight in a hotel.

I know, whine, whine, whine.

I wondered if members might have contact info for some of the other GI doctors they have recommended. Perhaps calling ahead will assure an appointment (one can always make a wish).

poby

Dr Lou Angelique Dy-Limquiaco.

Chong Hua Medical Arts Center

Rm 302

10AM - 12noon

3pm - 5pm

No appointment necessary, just rock up.  When I did late in the afternoon, she booked me for the procedure next day at 8am

see http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/63744-cebu-colonoscopy-my-experience-warning-graphic-content/?p=708729

Edited by poby

cebubird

Rm 302

10AM - 12noon

3pm - 5pm

No appointment necessary, just rock up.  When I did late in the afternoon, she booked me for the procedure next day at 8am

see http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/63744-cebu-colonoscopy-my-experience-warning-graphic-content/?p=708729

"no appointment necessary"

But ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call ahead to see if dr is there and/or will be having "clinic" that day.

• Like 1

mello874

Imelda R.Po,Acusar,M.D. Chong Hua. medical arts. suite 304, monday -friday 12noon-4pm. Telephone # 254-3532. 

Jawny

Rm 302

10AM - 12noon

3pm - 5pm

Rm 302

10AM - 12noon

3pm - 5pm

Thanks. Any phone information? Sometimes the doctors have vacations, conferences or such which preclude just showing up. I did read your post and found it useful.

Imelda R.Po,Acusar,M.D. Chong Hua. medical arts. suite 304, monday -friday 12noon-4pm. Telephone # 254-3532.

Thanks. Have you had any experience with the doctor?

mello874

Good Morning, my wife had a colonoscopy, plus i ahave had two in the last 12 years, also had 3 Endoscopies with her when i had a Gastric ulcer. She is all business straight to the point. You need to call the office first, or go wait in line. regards, Mello.

RogerDat

Thanks. Have you had any experience with the doctor?

Greetings! DR Acusar did my endoscopy. Her husban was my cardio Dr for 5 years till VA changed him. She is a good person, and has it together.

arentol

She did my colonoscopy some years ago. She was quite gentle.. especially given that I didn't receive any of the sedative medicine (blood oxygen too low). 

I kept apologizing to the doctor and her assistants... afterall, who wants to look at a fat hairy ass? But they were quite used to it all.

Aren

• Like 2

Forex

The procedure may be quite quick and relatively painless, however the preparation at least 18 hours before the procedure is the killer. I recommend you get a good hotel room close to your hospital with an even better CR because after taking the preparation medicine you won't be leaving your hotel room.

Jawny

The procedure may be quite quick and relatively painless, however the preparation at least 18 hours before the procedure is the killer. I recommend you get a good hotel room close to your hospital with an even better CR because after taking the preparation medicine you won't be leaving your hotel room.

the procedure here is to admit the patient and have the laxative administered the night before. No need for a hotel and the nursing staff can prep in the early AM. Not sure that 18 hours is used for the bowel cleansing here.

poby

Despite what they tell you, 12 hours is not long enough time even with all the mighty laxatives!  My procedure was incomplete because even though I followed the prep instructions to the letter, I wasn't umm entirely vacant.

Forex

the procedure here is to admit the patient and have the laxative administered the night before. No need for a hotel and the nursing staff can prep in the early AM. Not sure that 18 hours is used for the bowel cleansing here.

That could well be the case here as I haven't had the pleasure of going through the process in the Philippines ...... yet. I'm due for another in about 2 years.

My experience was three years ago in Australia. The preparation there is self administered and I distinctly remember the stomach pains for a good 12 hours. Not pleasant.

Edited by Forex