Top Remitting Countries, To The Philippines

Scotsbloke

This is interesting.  Having been to both Saudi and various Emirates the 'Filipino' presence is evident and not just in hotels and shopping plazas.

I'm surprised that The UK features so highly though.  Aside from hospitals I don't see much evidence.

NOSOCALPINOY

Alaska? I was informed by a lot of Filipinos I knew personally that during the fishery canning/packing season, companies pay real good wages! So hence the huge money remittances to the Philippines. 

colemanlee

Alaska? I was informed by a lot of Filipinos I knew personally that during the fishery canning/packing season, companies pay real good wages! So hence the huge money remittances to the Philippines. 

I was watching on of those Alaska bush flying shows a couple of nights ago,..Alaska Wingmen I think...they were flying a bunch of Filipinas from one of the remote cannery's back to somewhere so they could go home till the next season....from what Ive seen on the tube there are a lot who work there seasonally ...and I imagine the money is great as Alaska has always been known to be very expensive,,,

Mandingo

I was watching on of those Alaska bush flying shows a couple of nights ago,..Alaska Wingmen I think...they were flying a bunch of Filipinas from one of the remote cannery's back to somewhere so they could go home till the next season....from what Ive seen on the tube there are a lot who work there seasonally ...and I imagine the money is great as Alaska has always been known to be very expensive,,,

Most of the processors in Alaska are Filipino, probably 60/70% of the workforce at most plants. There are so many Filipinos here in my town that the only time my wife needs to speak English is when with me. Pay is good I guess, better than what they could make down south or the Philippines. I think my wife takes home $1,350 every two weeks which is about average for a processor who's been working here a couple three years.

On paydays you see them lined up two and three deep at Safeway to send money Western Union, kind of sad really............

• Like 1