contraman

707-HP Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat Coming Soon

435a3cfb5e17684efc002a32448d3459d10f0b2f

Rumors have been swirling, and earlier this month we talked about the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk receiving the Hellcat powertrain. Our sources have confirmed that it’s coming, and have also confirmed some details.

It’s called Project K, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles [NYSE:FCAU] doesn’t want you to know it’s been given the green light for production. Not only has it been approved, but mules are testing the powertrain using 2016 Grand Cherokee bodies.

When it hits the streets, the Hellcat-powered Jeep will be a 2017 model year.

Mandingo

I can just imagine the fuel mileage it gets. Stock Jeeps have a reputation for poor fuel mileage, imagine 707 hp!

woodchopper

not 4getting the other models previous that had fire problems and if the "vehicle" did not burn,,a complete wiring harness replacement was done,,my bro bought 1 in australia,,same problem,,YUK product!!!!!!!

contraman

I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo and it is the best towing vehicle i have owned

Never had any mechanical issues and it regularly tows a 3000kg caravan with no effort and in comfort.

Previous vehicles were Landcruiser and a Patrol.

Both were unreliable, thirsty, noisy and rode like drays.

At over $100,000 AUD, for the 707 hp model, with who gives a stuff about fuel economy ?

Hell, as i have said before.

My current one can pass anything on the road.

Except a gas station :yahoo:

colemanlee

If you can afford the entrance fee...why worry about the tip.....707hp....cool

• Like 2
Mandingo

As you can tell from my avatar I am a jeep guy :)

Headshot

I wouldn't bet on this Jeep being 4x4 though. Did you see that low ground clearance? I think it would have a hard time going over the speed bumps at SM Mall.

Edited by Headshot
easy44

I wouldn't bet on this Jeep being 4x4 though. Did you see that low ground clearance? I think it would have a hard time going over the speed bumps at SM Mall.

It's a 4x4 so you can burn 4 tires at the same time instead of 2!

• Like 1
oztony

I suppose being a prototype being produced for testing and performance a lowering kit may have been installed ,

Maybe that big new drivetrain just makes everything sit a whole heap closer to the ground.

But I would be thinking that a drivetrain of that capacity would require a suspension upgrade from the standard version of the vehicle. 

contraman

They are actually  "All Wheel Drive" you can not select two wheel drive.

I am surprised that Headshot didn't know that :)

• Like 2
ozboy

I bought a 2002 Jeep Cherokee when i got back in '14 n it was great, loved the heated leather seats and power but it loved the juice and it was not practical for me now....wanted to go back to a Chrysler Voyger but settled on the old reliable '12 Commodore...

Just a ???  With a few years off pension age and prob. needing to get a newer and prob last chance to buy reasonably new vehicle, how would getting extra finance, seeing pensioners are not looked upon favourably????

woodchopper

off topic a bit,,but i always had daihatsu's,,cheap as chips and marvellous on fuel,,Terios was my last little butterbox

contraman

off topic a bit,,but i always had daihatsu's,,cheap as chips and marvellous on fuel,,Terios was my last little butterbox

I sort of figured that you may have :(

woodchopper

i am a younger ape remember,,whilst i respect ur silverback status,,i still count too?

I sort of figured that you may have :(