PNB remit vs Western Union

Jester

I have been told that PNB remit is the best way to go, maybe I am missing something??

This is Naval Biliran, Letey.  There is no BOA, HSBC or Zoom available.  There is no LBC near us to deposit money! They are not options.

post-842-0-02579400-1434558640_thumb.png

The fee with PNB to send $1000 to the PI's seems to be $13.46 US according to the chart.

With Western Union the fee is $9.00 US, if I send to a bank account with WU the fee is $2.99

Is the exchange rate that much higher with WU?  With PNB will they be withdrawing the money from an ATM. If so will they have to make multiple withdrawals to get 40,000p??

I used an HSBC card for them for years, but now the rates are getting out of hand.    Thanks Jester

hilyfe

I only use western union

Much easier for me

Or should i say more convenient for me

• Like 2
towboat72

me too very easy on both ends price is fair

w/ U

• Like 1
hyaku

I have been told that PNB remit is the best way to go, maybe I am missing something??

This is Naval Biliran, Letey.  There is no BOA, HSBC or Zoom available.  There is no LBC near us to deposit money! They are not options.

attachicon.gifAAA.PNG

The fee with PNB to send $1000 to the PI's seems to be $13.46 US according to the chart.

With Western Union the fee is $9.00 US, if I send to a bank account with WU the fee is $2.99

Is the exchange rate that much higher with WU?  With PNB will they be withdrawing the money from an ATM. If so will they have to make multiple withdrawals to get 40,000p??

I used an HSBC card for them for years, but now the rates are getting out of hand.    Thanks Jester

Metrobank in Naval They also have remittance service, I was told a set charge of around the figure you quote for a large amount. I got my info and email of the host service from Naval branch and did most of the registration online.

• Like 1
easydrifter

I can tell you that "PNB phone remit" is a very good way to go. Used them for a long time, never had a problem.

• Like 2
Cebuandrew

You have no Huillier there? They seem to be everywhere.

hilyfe

I also use this company where they deliver the cash in dollars or pesos anywhere in luzon :D

I use PNB Remit to send funds directly to my PNB account.  I believe the FX rate is a little better than WU too.