Using Xoom...a spin-off question

Mandingo

WOW, so much vitriol.  All I can tell you is I have used them since 2010 without any problems and send money to myself 5x more than to other people since the day I signed up with them.  I realize others have had problems, but I have not.

Yup same with me, used them regularly and even defended Xoom here on the board a couple times. Then one day out of left field "BOOM" they canceled both my wife's and I's accounts with no explanation. We had sent 10's of thousands of dollar using Xoom so I guess it's more their loss than ours. Wish you better luck than I had with Xoom.

• Like 1

You are shitting me, right? You can't possibly be serious. XOOM doesn't give two shits whether you call or email. You are fecked just the same.

No,no I wasn't trying to be sound sarcastic or in any ways. It was just a plain question out curiosity. I apologize if it sounds off.

Paul

No,no I wasn't trying to be sound sarcastic or in any ways. It was just a plain question out curiosity. I apologize if it sounds off.

Sorry. I didn't actually mean it as it came out. But, the people who run XOOM are a bunch of fuknuckles, trust me. Just make sure you have a  backup plan, for the day they screw you over. Trust me, it will come. 

• Like 2
NOSOCALPINOY
Here's another example where even a remittance place wouldn't let me send money to myself.

Long ago when we were on vacation in California and I needed to top off my local RP bank account, I went to a remittance place and they wouldn't allow me to send money in my name into my local RP bank account. Luckily my father-in-law was with me and he sent the money on my behalf. 

So, Xoom's remittance policy is probably the same. So beware in trying to use Xoom to send money to yourself, if you do not want your Xoom account to be terminated as I also mentioned in my thread that was what happened to me long ago.  

But one can do a U.S bank to RP bank wire money transfer, but it'll cost around $45. I personally have not done so, but I know of a few friends who have and it cost them around $45. No thanks, I'll just continue to write out U.S. personal checks for deposit into our RP USD account and it's free, other than the 25 day clearing period. 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1