Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels?

fordtech

I consider CDR King merchandise as disposable items. I can't recall anything I bought from there that lasted more than 3 days. You get what you pay for..

I have 2-32" LED tv's and 2-24" LED tv's, all over 2 years old and no problems. 

• Like 2
cebulover2000

Their prices for the panels are very low, would you recommend buying the accessories there as well or bring in from Canada?

Edited by cebulover2000
Paul
would you recommend buying the accessories there as well or bring in from Canada?

If you are asking anyone here, I would suggest going with a solar controller from either Midnite Solar, Rogue, MorningStar, or Outback. 

I believe there is a German controller commonly found here (Cambodia). You may have them there as well. The company is Steca.

Personally, I would not skimp on: 

Batteries - I had a battery explode early this year, just before I returned from the US. It was NOT a quality battery. I should have known better than to use it. 

Controller - I have used / tested Chinese controllers here. They all failed miserably, in comparison to those listed above.

Inverter - buy a good quality pure sine wave inverter

Of course, batteries, pretty well, HAVE to be purchased in country. But, I brought several controllers and inverters with me, from the US, when I returned to Cambodia. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 2-32" LED tv's and 2-24" LED tv's, all over 2 years old and no problems. 

We got a couple of the LED tvs too. One is watching the gate cameras 24/7. A couple are in the kids rooms, no issues after a few years. I bought a router there and could not

get it to work. Did not get back to Dumaguete for about 3 weeks. So they would not take it back as they warrantee for only a few days. Got a Netgear from the USA and it worked fine. Later gave the CDR king one to a nephew who used it. So it was just not compatible with my satellite internet system I had back then. Worked on a DSL connection. So anyway, I would probably try there solar panels. I also had a circuit protector from there in use when lightning struck and blew it up. blew out flames, but a Bravida Sonny TV was protected. So it did the job.

• Like 2
fallonwm

Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels? Where did you buy the controller and other parts? Batteries?

Hi

We bought one panel from CDRking, the solar battery from a battery place near the bakery depot near SM, and the controller from some lady in her house that was the only solar place about 5 years ago. Cannot remember her address, but its near a busy corner between Mango and Pilaris. We bought 3 12volt streetlights from the main electrical area downtown. We now have solar streetlights next to our home in Argao.

• Like 1