Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels?

cebulover2000

Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels? Where did you buy the controller and other parts? Batteries?

Paul
Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels?

I do not know which company manufactures CDR King's panels. However, it may behoove you folks to find out. Or, don't mount them on your roof. 

There have been cases in the past, where roof fires were started by substandard panels having been installed on roofs. 

Personally, I would probably buy them and use them in arrays there. However, I would not mount them anywhere they could possibly cause safety issues for me or my home.

• Like 4
woodchopper

2 take it a bit further,,has anyone used the smaller 12inch approx cdr king solar panels inside/windowsill for charging cellfone and fone etc

contraman

charging cellfone and fone

Qmark.jpg

woodchopper

pc and fone,,jest a minor mixtake

hyaku

I charge my phones and pads off a car battery. But I am seriously thinking of running the ref off panels put on brackets in the garden. Just a few panels with separate point to plug into. The very fact we have had such devastating weather over this past few years put me right off putting anything on the roof. If a storm was on its way I could just unbolt and bring inside. If the ref had been powered after Yolanda and I had a few lights I would have stayed put.

• Like 1
fordtech

I am going to mount mine on the ground so if a typhoon is coming I can take them into the garage. I bought 6 panels from CDR-King. Will be having the mounts built soon and will report after they are done. 

• Like 8
Alfred E. Neuman

I consider CDR King merchandise as disposable items. I can't recall anything I bought from there that lasted more than 3 days. You get what you pay for..

• Like 3
Woolf

I consider CDR King merchandise as disposable items. I can't recall anything I bought from there that lasted more than 3 days. You get what you pay for..

I have bought several routers there and they have all lasted for more than 3 years

and still working

3 days ???   why did you not go have it replaced

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
thebob

I've been using a CD-RKing Mini Digital Multimeter for 3 years. It has outlasted a few brand name ones I've had in the mean time.

• Like 1

Does your electric provider use smart meters yet or exclusively if they do? Heard something about SM rollouts there. Can't remember the context.

Paul

Does your electric provider use smart meters yet or exclusively if they do? Heard something about SM rollouts there. Can't remember the context.

Topic: Anybody built a system yet using CDR king panels?

Stay on topic, people.

haha Not like I put a relationship post in the Solar forum. It's relevent & also your forum. Didn't feel it was worth starting a new topic just for that.

Edited by XBroker
Paul

haha Not like I put a relationship post in the Solar forum. It's relevent & also your forum.

Just create a new topic, mate, please. New topics get more viewers, as well. So, it helps you get answers faster, as well.

• Like 1