Hi! Just stumbling through...

DebutsandIDos

DebutsandIDos

Hi everyone,

I'm 27 years old, a Computer Engineer specializing in SAP and venturing out into business. I stumbled into this forum, googling for real estate deals in Cebu. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this very intriguing site.

I happen to have a special place in my heart for foreigners who choose to live in the Philippines. My elementary Christian Ed teacher, senior pastor, youth pastor and several other pastors who go to our church are all foreigners, since I go to a missions- based church. So, when people list reasons for foreigners here (because of their Filipina wives, or because of business, or just the climate), you can add that to the list: missionaries and pastors.

It's hard not to fall in love with people who choose to stay in my country when so many Filipinos are choosing to leave instead.

I found the comments about the lovely ladies and the cheap beer fun. Years back when I was a naive new college grad, I met a foreigner who asked me to take him to where there were lots of beautiful Filipinas. I took him to my church's midweek service to meet all my friends. He was very cross afterwards, and I thought him ungrateful. It took me a few years to realize that he meant something else entirely. :)

There are all sorts of Filipinas. Not everyone who chooses to marry a foreigner does so for the money. Sometimes, it's simply for their tall, dark and handsome looks. :unsure::D:cool_01:

Hi everyone,

I'm 27 years old, a Computer Engineer specializing in SAP and venturing out into business. I stumbled into this forum, googling for real estate deals in Cebu. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this very intriguing site.

I happen to have a special place in my heart for foreigners who choose to live in the Philippines. My elementary Christian Ed teacher, senior pastor, youth pastor and several other pastors who go to our church are all foreigners, since I go to a missions- based church. So, when people list reasons for foreigners here (because of their Filipina wives, or because of business, or just the climate), you can add that to the list: missionaries and pastors.

It's hard not to fall in love with people who choose to stay in my country when so many Filipinos are choosing to leave instead.

I found the comments about the lovely ladies and the cheap beer fun. Years back when I was a naive new college grad, I met a foreigner who asked me to take him to where there were lots of beautiful Filipinas. I took him to my church's midweek service to meet all my friends. He was very cross afterwards, and I thought him ungrateful. It took me a few years to realize that he meant something else entirely. :)

There are all sorts of Filipinas. Not everyone who chooses to marry a foreigner does so for the money. Sometimes, it's simply for their tall, dark and handsome looks. :unsure::D:cool_01:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro. So I take it that you are currently living in CEBU? or in the Philippines somewhere?

cheers

Yeah, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy the give and take here. Check out ahyer.com for real estate in Cebu. I don't know that there are many good deals to be found on the internet for land and structures in the Philippines, but it doesn't hurt to look. Great story about showing the foreigner around by the way!

DebutsandIDos
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro. So I take it that you are currently living in CEBU? or in the Philippines somewhere?

cheers

Thanks! I have been working in Makati since last year. I go home to Cebu and Bohol every one to two months. I miss the beach already!

Also, Debuts And I Do's is me and my mom's event company for Cebu and Bohol weddings.

Yeah, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy the give and take here. Check out ahyer.com for real estate in Cebu. I don't know that there are many good deals to be found on the internet for land and structures in the Philippines, but it doesn't hurt to look. Great story about showing the foreigner around by the way!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the website you recommend. :D I was looking for bank listings of their properties for sale but I couldn't find them, so I will have to visit the bank offices on Monday instead. I met the foreigner when I took a part-time job teaching ESL. Yep, funny kaayo bitaw!

Edited by DebutsandIDos