calasiaobound

That is ridiculous statement.    Filling him with lead...?

Look at op`s case.   What the hell would your gun be good for you if you not even awake whiles these robbers are in your bedroom.  They might just end up with a nice new shiny kano gun in their kit with all other goodies.

Youre obviously not a gun owner in your home country.

I assure you..I would not be the one with new piercings

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Cipro

• contraman

• Kreole

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, he got his wallet and passport stolen, not his high school yearbook.   Have some sympathy!

Because there was nothing left to steal?

Did you ask the bell boy if you could at least have your passports back ?

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I would still like to hear from the OP to clarify a few things.

I think a lot of posters are just assuming that the thief was actually in the room.

I am just assuming that the thief reached through the window ( which would technically mean that at least part of the thief was in the room lol )

I reached for my watch and it was gone. I started looking for my wallet and it was also gone. I woke up my wife and we turned on the lights to find that her purse, my laptop, cell phone and my laptop bag was gone. Everything of value was gone.

I doubt all that was accessible just by reaching through a window.

bahalina buong

BTW, whenever staying at any place we try to stay off the ground floor and even then I always make sure windows and doors are locked before going to sleep and always put a chair or suitcase up against the door and in front of a window, so it will fall and make noise if the door is forced or someone climbs in the window or sliding door. 

Eight pages of  "I'm more awesome than the OP"  before one of you states the obvious.  Thank you, Lee.  Ground floor patio rooms are romantic, and I once stayed in a similar garden hotel, but i pushed the wardrobe over to block it.  Check your windows, guys.  If there is any way for someone to access it, get another room.  And I do feel bad for OP and hope he recovers ok.

• Like 2
newtocebu

I doubt all that was accessible just by reaching through a window.

Could have been - they are all small items, and it could have been a big window lol

contraman

Either you would be dead or on the front page of the local newspaper.

None of then is an ideal situation :(

Edited by contraman

No ...you`re quite right sir, not a gun owner.....nor would I ever like to live anywhere where I feel a need for one at arms length to protect myself.  Anyway sir even if you are carrying one and someone all of sudden pulls a gun out and points it at your head ready to shoot you.......how is your gun going to help you?   Not digging shit here..  just saying.

Edited by Hy H
  • Like 1
smokey

No ...you`re quite right sir, not a gun owner.....nor would I ever like to live anywhere where I feel a need for one at arms length to protect myself.  Anyway sir even if you are carrying one and someone all of sudden pulls a gun out and points it at your head ready to shoot you.......how is your gun going to help you?   Not digging shit here..  just saying.

thank goodness you were smart enough to live in a place where there are strong gun laws if all the homeowners have a gun there would be none left for sale for the trike drivers

SkyMan
Anyway sir even if you are carrying one and someone all of sudden pulls a gun out and points it at your head ready to shoot you.......how is your gun going to help you?

You're probably correct that in that situation my gun wouldn't help me.  But let's say I'm carrying and someone all of a sudden pulls a gun out and points it at your head ready to shoot you...I think you could see where my gun might help you.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Since you asked, robbers for the most part are stupid, if they were smart then they would not be out robbing, so when he asked for my wallet, I would go to hand it to him and let it slip and as soon as he looked down to the floor, then I would move outside impact and then make him into a statistic. 

• Like 3
calasiaobound

Its been stated on here a cpl times " good you didn't awaken..worse may have occurred"...

Or something like that..

I'm notoriously a light sleeper.. I'd rather risk being on the front page as opposed to whatever the "worse" might of been

And to the other...

There are a myriad of scenarios one could conjure where a weapon might be worthless..

However..having one lowers your odds of bodily harm significantly..

delancey

It makes people feel good to think they can always maintain control of their environment hence the endless hypothetical scenarios are now starting.

• Like 4
SomeRandomGuy

In all honesty, i think i would have been ok.

I sleep naked.

One look at my oackage and a robber would feel sorry for me.

Thats the scenario i think would have happened to me

• Like 6
calasiaobound

It makes people feel good to think they can always maintain control of their environment hence the endless hypothetical scenarios are now starting.

Many a slip twix the cup and the lip. Multiple possibilities and countless responses to them

There are never any guaranteed counters. But being prepared for several varying happenings is always beneficial. cant hurt. Ups your odds..etc

• Like 1
dnl_grout

What the freck does that have to do with a situation in Cebu where we can't have one and if we do we are in deep dodo.

And some of you are still taking the bait and responding to this   :bs_sign:  Now I'm going back to a safe place and all of you can  :broden: me if I come out again.

• Like 2
calasiaobound

What the freck does that have to do with a situation in Cebu where we can't have one and if we do we are in deep dodo.

And some of you are still taking the bait and responding to this   :bs_sign:  Now I'm going back to a safe place and all of you can  :broden: me if I come out again.

Actually it stems from my inquiry as to why expats don't buy a gun and register it in the wife's name..