rainymike

Are all of those songs about the Vietnam War?

I think in part it's about the war, but it also represents an era of major social upheaval and change in America. Looking back at that period ... all the shit just seemed to come together at once ... even going back to the Korean War, the Cuban missile crisis, dirty politics, multinational corporations, Vietnam, the bomb, the environment, race relations, JFK/RFL/MLK assassinations, the Red Scare, HUAC investigations, drugs, birth control and the sexual revolution - lots of stuff for young teenage minds to try to comprehend. I think music became the vehicle for expressing the outrage and confusion - and the war was the poster child for that confusion.

But in the end ... we survived ... anyway I did ... and grew up to become a Republican ... lmao.

• Like 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• sugbu777

• easy44

• Topper

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure there are more than a few songs that remind us of those days long past. Some good and some not.  

Creedence, Fortunate Son   Creedence:  Run Through the Jungle

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I think in part it's about the war, but it also represents an era of major social upheaval and change in America. Looking back at that period ... all the shit just seemed to come together at once ... even going back to the Korean War, the Cuban missile crisis, dirty politics, multinational corporations, Vietnam, the bomb, the environment, race relations, JFK/RFL/MLK assassinations, the Red Scare, HUAC investigations, drugs, birth control and the sexual revolution - lots of stuff for young teenage minds to try to comprehend. I think music became the vehicle for expressing the outrage and confusion - and the war was the poster child for that confusion.

But in the end ... we survived ... anyway I did ... and grew up to become a Republican ... lmao.

Republican! And you call your significant other, your partner…

rainymike

Republican! And you call your significant other, your partner…

LOL ... guilty! Republican on economic issues, flaming liberal on many social ones...

• Like 1
lamoe

Just going over your picks on the music from that time Salty Dog and I listened to every one of them...with volume!  We liked the same kind of music from that era. Were those great times to be a teenager or what? 

Depends on which summer camp you went to.

Edited by lamoe