Green Snake ID?

Bill H

Can someone please ID this snake?

post-8579-0-72130300-1433571378_thumb.jpg

post-8579-0-95079600-1433571415_thumb.jpg

p-power

Red tailed rat snake . The name says red tail, but they have grey and brown tails too. Non poisonous snake, no need to kill

• Like 1
Runian

so I did an google image search on the top most picture, and this came up :D 

post-5686-0-95733600-1433588083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Runian
Lee

cvgtpc1

I would immediately think green mamba and run like hell if I saw that sucker even tho wrong continent lol

Headshot

That snake is easily identified. It is a DEAD snake. They are quite common in the Philippines, and are often found in the vicinity of a Filipino/Filipina with a shovel or bolo in hand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Bill H

That snake is easily identified. It is a DEAD snake. They are quite common in the Philippines, and are often found in the vicinity of a Filipino/Filipina with a shovel or bolo in hand.

Ahhh of course, well thanks, Headshot, that certainly cleared things up.  I thought it was poisonous due to the shape of the head, which appears viperish to me.

I would immediately think green mamba and run like hell if I saw that sucker even tho wrong continent lol

Yup me too or one of those green bamboo snakes that are common in sugar cane fields and kill folks every year.

ROCO22

Saw one in a mango tree...family's front yard.

I keep my distance from all those no shoulders feckers.

cvgtpc1

My wife would've had somebody chop the tree down and burn it LOL  

Or thought of it.

easy44

That's a garden hose snake.  It disguises itself as a hose and bites anyone who tries to pick it up

hookedtothenet

It is without doubt a redtailed green rat snake  (Gonyosoma oxycephalum). Harmless species- Non-venomous.  Has a wide distribution across many islands in the Philippines. I have personally bred this species before. They can be a little aggressive if cornered.

• Like 1