American arrested with underage girls

Cipro

I do not know if it is illegal to pay 15-16 year old girls to wrestle while filming them, and it does certainly does not state that these girls were in a state of undress at the time; 

I guess some degree of undress or dishevelment is almost unavoidable, so maybe an argument can be made for intent or whatever. But if this guys been here for 10+ years I'd wonder if stories of his final downfall might not be exaggerated. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Paul

• XBroker

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, he did something that was a no-no in the Philippines, now hates it because his dumb ass was caught doing it? LOL

Damn, that stupid train just keeps on rolling, and another pervert just ready to hitch that ride. And some expats wonder why the locals do not hold such a high opinion of foreigners as many expats wis

Whilst the standards of reporting are what they are and are unlikely to improve the reporting still tells a story, there is no need to shoot the messenger.    69 year old turd floats in to the Phili

Posted Images

Paul

I do not know if it is illegal to pay 15-16 year old girls to wrestle while filming them, and it certainly does not state that these girls were in a state of undress at the time; but I bet this will probably be brought up if this case goes to trial.

The wrestling comment was referring to this thread, James: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/28320-american-nabbed-for-taking-videos-of-topless-girls-in-cebu/

• Like 1
ex231

Filipinas ain't got wiggly bits at that age.  They look like pubescent boys.

I never knew that. At what age do they lose their little wieners?

• Like 2
ozboy

I will guarantee if stories like this would be run on a non-Philippine/type country forum, the comments would be totally in favour of hanging the guy....in fact the general opinion would be that most foreigner men only go to these places to take advantage of poor girls.....SO...we are all tarred with the same brush!

• Like 9
jtmwatchbiz

You just lost me here. So, let's say I am a guy who lives in Cebu. I go into a bar and bar fine say, three (of age) girls at once. I take them to my home and we engage in adult bedroom games. I pay them afterward, and they leave. Are you saying that would be trafficking?

like it or not, agree with it or not...yes.

you "recruited" the girls for your personal sexual enjoyment and paid them. the law is so vague and all-encompassing that i'm willing to bet you could be charged with "trafficking" if you got stopped for J-walking. however it is what it is and the law does catch the bad guys so best to keep one's nose clean and avoid trouble. 

• Like 8
Cipro

you "recruited" the girls for your personal sexual enjoyment and paid them. the law is so vague and all-encompassing that i'm willing to bet you could be charged with "trafficking" if you got stopped for J-walking. however it is what it is and the law does catch the bad guys so best to keep one's nose clean and avoid trouble. 

Well, if you were helping an elderly person jaywalk I guess it would be trafficking technically. 

• Like 3
Paul

Well, I'm glad I never bar fined any girls from any bars in Cebu - or elsewhere for that matter. But, I know lots of other guys who have, for sure. Whew! That was a close call.

• Like 2
Cipro

Well no one does, hardly ever. What I was told is that they fall in love with the enormous foreigner (wallet) organs and after the relationship is mature (in SEA time) the sad tale of the sick relatives move the fat (walleted) people to contribute to the welfare of the local family. It's perfectly innocent. Charitable, even.  

Paul

you "recruited" the girls for your personal sexual enjoyment and paid them.

In my case, I would have recruited them for THEIR enjoyment, and later paid them to leave. But, let's not split hairs here. :D

• Like 3
Cipro

The time I was with a bargirl, I was so ignorant of how it worked I think she thought it was cute. She actually left after her shift, met me outside,  and we went out drinking, no bar fine, and when the evening was over she almost died laughing when I was setting up to pay her trike fare "home" so I could call it a night. 

Yes, I was innocent once. 

Edited by Cipro
  • Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

The time I was with a bargirl, I was so ignorant of how it worked I think she thought it was cute. She actually left after her shift, met me outside,  and we went out drinking, no bar fine, and when the evening was over she almost died laughing when I was setting up to pay her trike fare "home" so I could call it a night. 

Yes, I was innocent once. 

So was this last week or the week before?

• Like 3
Cipro

So was this last week or the week before?

Longer than that, but not so long ago. 

RPretire

Whilst the standards of reporting are what they are and are unlikely to improve the reporting still tells a story, there is no need to shoot the messenger. 

69 year old turd floats in to the Philippines and has sex with an impoverished 16 year old?

If evil Kano's were not in the press the well meaning Kano's would have an easier existence in the Philippines. Evil Kano's belong in jails in their home countries. 

Umm.. how does ""The girl, who was recruited by Glover's alleged Filipina companion"" gets converted to shooting the mesenager???

What I am saying there are TWO adult criminals who need to be charged in this case.

I seen a picture of this (69yo turd) hand cuffed to a chair... what WE should also see the the Filipina "Recruiter" hand cuffed to the chair with him.

SIMPLE = There are 2 Adult Criminals here but the Filipina is walking the streets freely...why?.......to "Recruit" more Minors???

Obviously my intent was misunderstood... Yeah reporting sucks there too. 

• Like 2
quit_yume

so according to one of the reports that was linked here, the guy gave money to some of the girls so they could support their children.  when the girls are detained who will feed their kids?

Cipro

This is one issue with AoC laws in general, particularly if they are set at an age that's well past the average age of sexual maturity. The law won't differentiate between some sheltered 16 year old being 'tricked' or coerced and some life hardened 17 year old single mom. None of that may apply to this case, I know. 

It might be better to set a general AoC law a lot younger and add a provision(s) for higher ages in cases where there is a power imbalance (uncle/aunt, teacher, coach, etc) or exchange of money involved, which is generally the case in the situations people think of for AoC violations.