American arrested with underage girls

State Trooper

This is going to get a lot of mileage from the press

.....AN American national suspected of child trafficking was arrested by police on Wednesday night in Barangay Taytayan, Bogo City.

Four girls, ages 15 and 16, were also rescued inside the rented house of Harold Glover, a former security officer from Georgia, USA...

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2015/06/04/cops-rescue-4-girls-american-411262

I cant help but wonder what this guy was thinking that he thought he could get away with this behavior......Not convicting before trial but in this country all foreigners need to keep their noses clean. We are prime targets.

My question is why was he taken to the vice-governor's office instead of the jail? 

• Like 2
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Paul

• XBroker

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, he did something that was a no-no in the Philippines, now hates it because his dumb ass was caught doing it? LOL

Damn, that stupid train just keeps on rolling, and another pervert just ready to hitch that ride. And some expats wonder why the locals do not hold such a high opinion of foreigners as many expats wis

Whilst the standards of reporting are what they are and are unlikely to improve the reporting still tells a story, there is no need to shoot the messenger.    69 year old turd floats in to the Phili

Posted Images

colemanlee

My question is why was he taken to the vice-governor's office instead of the jail?

Because there is more going on than is reported in the news....living here for ten years?  there is something else going on

• Like 4
Irenicus

This seems to happen quite a bit in Bogo.

Joe Bogo - yep, that's his name - was arrested back in 2011 for having underage girls cat fight topless for him.

He is now out of jail (after 3 plus years in) but can't leave Cebu - I think he finally got bail and is waiting for the trial.

He now hates the Philippines, by the way. 

• Like 4
contraman

Because there is more going on than is reported in the news....living here for ten years?  there is something else going on

My guess is nothing more will be reported about it :(

Like most reporting in the PI 

• Like 2
dnl_grout

Ding!...Americans only stayed out of the news for a moment game over.

I think I'll become a Canadian, only a three hour drive to down town BC.

Because the vic-governor wants to have his photo taken with him, wait for it in the news.

contraman
He now hates the Philippines, by the way. 

I wonder Why ?  :sarcasm:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 1
RPretire

"The girl, who was recruited by Glover's alleged Filipina companion" Yes.....yeah.....and....??? 

These reporters need to learn to cover the "complete story" not just the evil Kano :snap:  :snap:

• Like 4
Paul

I think I'll become a Canadian, only a three hour drive to down town BC.

Can you say, "eh," at the end of every sentence? If not, start practicing. 

Dublin boy

Why oh why surely there are many bars with girls over the age limit if you that way inclined and take home as many as he liked. Well I guess I will never be able to understand the mind of some knowing what would happen if your caught.

I have seen a few lets say undesirable guys come and go and I'm sure most of them were just looking for one thing in the provinces. It sickens me to think there are these sort of people in our world today. Let's hope for the guy they are his wife's nieces and it was all just innocent.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

moqdnoo9ogaksz.jpg

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz
Why oh why surely there are many bars with girls over the age limit if you that way inclined and take home as many as he liked.

better think again. even if the guy picked up all these girls in a bar and they were of legal age he would still be guilty of "trafficking", a non-bailable offence. there's alot more wrong with this guy's stupid stunt besides the underage girls issue. 

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 6
Cipro

Well it's probably illegal, assuming he was alone with them .... which is an interesting notion in our favorite law I reckon. 

But again, they are of an age where they are sexually mature and even legal to go in many places, it's not like he was boinking toddlers. 

The situation had to be completely inspected?

greatplace
kano.jpg?itok=8J4X5v5s

Caught in Bogo.  Harold Glover, 69, (left) waits to be presented to Vice Gov. Agnes Magpale (rightmost), who heads the Provincial Children and Women’s Commission of Cebu.  (Sun.Star Foto/Amper Campaña)

A 16-YEAR-OLD girl who feared that her sisters might be the next victims reported to the police that an American senior citizen forced her to have sex with him in June last year.

Her complaint led to the arrest last Wednesday night of Harold Glover, 69, in his rented house in Barangay Taytayan, Bogo City.

Courtney (not her real name) said that a recruiter convinced her to meet Glover during her birthday last year, saying he would only touch her, nothing more. She needed some money to get school supplies, the girl told the Children’s Legal Bureau (CLB).

Instead, the man allegedly forced himself on her.

This week, the girl agreed to meet with him again. But the American, a former security officer who has reportedly been living in the country for 10 years, didn’t know she would be arriving with a team of law enforcers and anti-trafficking campaigners.

Courtney and three 15-year-old girls were rescued by the police, CLB and Provincial Children and Women’s Commission.

Chief Insp. Richard Oliver, Bogo City police chief, said they will file complaints against Glover for violating the laws against human trafficking, child p*ornography and child abuse.

“Based on our initial inspection, on his cellular phone there were videos of the subject having sex with minors,” Oliver said.

Caught

A Bogo City police team applied for the search warrant at 2 p.m. last Wednesday and was ready to serve it some five hours later.

“When our police officers barged into the house, the suspect was inside his room with his short pants lowered, and the girls were also inside,” Oliver said.

All four girls, residents of Bogo, still had their clothes on.

Oliver said that the police found condoms, cellular phones, a compact disc, camera and sex performance enhancers in the premises.

Glover had allegedly paid each girl P1,800, while the recruiter took P500.

CLB spokesperson Noemi Truya-Abarientos said that the American was believed to have victimized more than 10 girls.

What led to his arrest was Courtney’s decision last week to seek help from the police, the CLB lawyer added.

Not OK

Courtney told the police that her parents learned about her experience last December. Her mother destroyed her cellular phone and Courtney stopped going to Glover’s place.

After she bought a new phone, Glover allegedly communicated with her again last month.

The recruiter, who lives in the same neighborhood as the girls, will also be made to face criminal complaints.

“It’s a sad reality that the children of these ages are exposed to this kind of vulnerability,” Truya-Abarientos said. “Their parents cannot give them money to buy school supplies, naningkamot sila sa ilang kaugalingon nga makakuha og kwarta (so they do what they can, on their own, to make some money).”

Vice Gov. Agnes Magpale, who co-chairs the Provincial Children and Women’s Commission, said that the four girls will be debriefed and assisted.

“We are telling the community that trafficking is not OK in any community here in Cebu,” said the CLB spokesperson.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on June 05, 2015.