Sign in to follow this  
SomeRandomGuy

Customs Trying to rip me off?

battleborn

See if you debit card company will Fedex it to you.  I had and expired one  and had a new one sent to me in January and received it in two days.

Wolfpack

It sounds like you are being scammed...

I used fedex for my replacement card...in February 2015...delivered timely and hassle free...

however, someone sent us something for Easter this year...and Fedex wanted 1700 pesos from me, saying it was a customs hit...

I told Fedex to contact the sender...they said they are not actually Fedex but a company contracted by Fedex to make deliveries in the Philippines...the end result, the sender resolved the issue...it was a gift, so I never found out if they were charged something or just made contact with Fedex got the package delivered without charge...

although you are being scammed, I do not know if there is a way around the scam...might have to pay the fee if the replacement card is really needed...

Cebu11

Anything now they slap a tax on....spent $55 for priority fed ex last month...arrived in Philippines in 1 day...Philppines fedex deliverd it 8 days later with 2k tax...after I called 4 times, no telling how long it would of taken if I didnt call...never again I fed ex anything here, big scam!

Ed1961

Good info

to know

thebob

Ask them for the ref number so that you can pay the tax office directly.

• Like 3

burnttoast

So, this tax is something new. Good to know.

New tax? Or selective enforcement? People making it up as they go along?

smokey

No cash without the card.....as its a replacement card....not sure how they want me to pay.

look for any guy driving a skygo bike and wearing a turban

Monsoon

Had a drama with my old credit card so had to cancel.

Just got a phone call from dhl express telling me my credit card has been held up at customs and i need to pay 1600 pesos tax.

Since when does courier mail get custom taxed?

More likely it is DHL trying to screw you. I have never had any problems with documents and forwarded mail. I have my US mail sent UPS Express about six or more times per year. 

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

More likely it is DHL trying to screw you. I have never had any problems with documents and forwarded mail. I have my US mail sent UPS Express about six or more times per year.

I think u and thebob are right.

When i got off the phone with them they did not even give me a reference number for the call even though i requested one.

As i said something fishy is going on and it does not add up.

I only just received my pin number 3 days ago tax free.

Same courier company.

Will contact dhl directly tomorrow.

• Like 1

LastManStanding

Its a scam.

There is no duty on items with no value.  I just had a replacement hard drive arrive through UPS here in Lapu.  No charge of any kind.  

Same thing for courier documents from Canada.

I used DHL once 10 years ago, they try to scam you with bullshit taxes.  Fedex also dealt with this issue and pulled out, Air 21 used to handle their packages here in Lapu Lapu, now they do UPS or something.

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

Just got an email after a few emails i sent out.

65 pesos i will charged.

Thats a win in my books

• Like 5

JamesMusslewhite

Had a drama with my old credit card so had to cancel.

Just got a phone call from dhl express telling me my credit card has been held up at customs and i need to pay 1600 pesos tax.

Since when does courier mail get custom taxed?

Have a Dutchman and an American here in Surigao City that had the same happen to them, both had to pay the customs. My ATM I had sent to my son living in the US and he simply put the bank envelope into a larger envelope which he sent LBC as "documents". I got the card without the customs fee. Does seem a bit unfair to charge customs for an ATM or credit card though, especially since the money will obviously be spent here in the Philippines. They see the envelope with the bank Logo and feel the card inside the envelope and stab a customs fee still seems more criminal than legal.

• Like 3

loy

I get all my replacement cards through regular post office mail. Never had any tax charge. 

dnl_grout

65 pesos i will charged. Thats a win in my books

:yahoo:  you got them...thats a win for all of use       :clapping: