• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• KennyF

• lopburi3

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We run a 1.5hp split inverter aircon 24 hours a day every day of every month.  In addition to a 220 litre ref (also inverter), big ass lcd tv, electric oven etc and our bills have stayed remarkably co

Sorry I failed to explain properly. Usually the outside temperature here in Cebu is around 32 degrees. If you set the aircon to 26 degrees it is a comfortable temperature inside as the difference betw

They only seem to get fat after we marry them.....

smokey

im-not-fat-just-american.jpg

no wonder you grew all that hair

contraman

A big blue tablet might help.

KonC

Are they Big ?

The things you learn on LinC :)

lopburi3

How the hell , did we arrive at the above post ? It does not correlate to what the conversation is about , and to prove how little you obviously know about Australia , the northern half of the country is tropical .   So if I am to get this right now , you are implying that Australia is a nation of overweight people that have the air conditioning set too low.

Not implying - just providing a chart sourced to Oz.  I clearly stated 'we' in the fat contest.  Could have been the same for USA but you were talking Melbourne and that is Oz and it is not Tropical.  

• Like 1
contraman

Not implying - just providing a chart sourced to Oz.  I clearly stated 'we' in the fat contest.  Could have been the same for USA but you were talking Melbourne and that is Oz and it is not Tropical.  

Amazing that if you give anything enough spin, you can end up believing anything :yahoo:

• Like 1
dnl_grout

Rule number one, the colder it is, the closer she gets.....its not hard

Now that I can understand and I know its true, all this buy the numbers stuff makes my head and shoulder hurt.

Irenicus

PH men 02% woman 04%

• Like 5
That Masked Man

Just had a final reading done on my property. Got the shock of my life.

It appears the meter had not been read for over 3 years, all the bills were estimates :(

BTW, the was in OZ, but maybe thats whats happened.

The upside of my bill was there is legislation in force here that limits the utility companies to backdating 9 months only :yahoo:

This happens here all the time. It makes it basically impossible to tell what your bill is going to be from month to month. Which is just how the utilities like it of course.

RogerDuMond

well here is a real money saver for you set the ac to 32 then go outside and set yourself on fire then run back in should feel really cool :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

please try it and let us know how well it works for you.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1
cebulover2000

Here you can see how much you are using, even a 24/7 computer desktop is using quite a bit of electricity while a microwave is not using much since you are only using it a few minutes/day on average.

https://www.efficiencyvermont.com/For-My-Home/ways-to-save-and-rebates/Appliances/Refrigerators/General-Info/Electric-Usage-Chart

What this chart can show you.

With this chart, you'll be able to see how quickly your energy bill can add up when you use appliances and lighting not manufactured with energy efficiency in mind. For example, take a look at lighting. If you have ten lamps in your house, each with a 100W incandescent bulb, you can expect to pay about $160 to light your home each year. Energy efficient bulbs will keep those lamps lit for around $47. Plus, they last six to eight times longer.

About this chart.

This chart is a guide and individual household costs may vary.

• The appliances listed are all electric appliances.
  • Hours in Use is based on a typical four-person household. Your hours may vary; adjust accordingly.
  • Annual kWh may vary considerably depending upon model, age, and use.
  • Annual Cost is based upon the statewide average of 14 cents per kiloWatt hour (kWh).
  • To estimate the Annual Cost of operating an appliance: Multiply the Annual kWh by your utility's kWh rate or by the statewide average of .14.

I think you can save the most if you have a big aircon and converting it to a new inverter type one. But don't forget to look at your other appliances like a hot/cold water dispenser can cost you as much as 700 pesos/month to run.

Edited by cebulover2000
  • Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

Yeah, it will probably save us money in the long run on our electric bill each month, but the initial cost of replacing all of our old appliances and A/Cs with the inverter type will be expensive. Just have to wait and see what our pocket book looks like in a year or two. A solar energy system could also add to our initial cost. They say it could take 5 to 7 yrs to recoup the initial cost of a solar energy system. Don't know about the inverter type appliances and 2 or maybe 3 A/Cs in our home. Looking at almost of an initial cost around  P1 million including the solar energy system and maybe more! Guess we'll have to wait and find out later. Hopefully sooner rather than later, since our monthly electric bill runs from between P7,000 to P12,000 and during the extreme summer months around P14,000.  

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
thebob
I own a commercial air conditioning business and 22* Celsius is the standard set point for cooling in Melbourne , we get temperatures up to 45* Celsius in summer and as low as 0* Celsius in winter , where the set point we operate on then is 21* Celsius  ,  other set points are based upon energy saving criteria.

I thought the OP was about "energy saving criteria". Where I live we have a temperature range of -10C to 43C.  If the AC was set at 21C everyone would be wearing thermals. In the winter heating is set to 18C.

Edited by thebob
oztony

I thought the OP was about "energy saving criteria". Where I live we have a temperature range of -10C to 43C.  If the AC was set at 21C everyone would be wearing thermals. In the winter heating is set to 18C.

The OP was about the increase in electricity charges , and has evolved into temperature set points. Over the past few years with energy usage consciousness these set points are  

variable depending on the building's direction on what they want. Each country has industry standards in relation to workplace temperatures. If the AC was set to 21*C there would only be warm air coming from supply in that range on the thermostat because we have the cooling set to 22*C which creates that 1* deadband between the heating and cooling cycle. I would guess to set these standard temperatures limits that study's are done on the comfort level of varying individuals to create an average , and therefore the guideline on setpoints.

In Australia it comes under The Australian Standard AS 1837 , Code of practice for application of ergonomics to factory and office work recommends an average temperature range of between 20°-24°C for both offices and factories in summer. In winter, the temperature should be approximately 2°C lower to account for extra clothing.

Temperature setpoints are an issue that we deal with on a daily basis because each individual has their own preference , the older lady going through menopause is hot and flustered and wants the temperature set to 21*C , the younger girl sitting next to her is cold and likes/prefers a warmer temperature and wants the temp. set to 25*C , the least complaints we have in an office environment is from the fella's who are less sensitive to varying degrees.

So because of this constant conflict between individuals and their requirement we just cite the industry standard , and operate on 21*C for heating and 22*C for cooling.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865562780/Hot-news-The-best-workplace-temperature-is-warm-or-cold.html?pg=all

Would love to stay chatting , but I have to go and install an air conditioner...

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
easy44

Don't they all?