Electricity bill? What the heck?

KennyF

For the last year...

First 10 months, within 50 pesos of 1.800 pesos.

Month 11, April,  2,450 pesos.

Month 12, May, 3,000 pesos.

That's over 65% increase in 2 months.

FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF USE????????

KonC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• KennyF

• lopburi3

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We run a 1.5hp split inverter aircon 24 hours a day every day of every month.  In addition to a 220 litre ref (also inverter), big ass lcd tv, electric oven etc and our bills have stayed remarkably co

Sorry I failed to explain properly. Usually the outside temperature here in Cebu is around 32 degrees. If you set the aircon to 26 degrees it is a comfortable temperature inside as the difference betw

They only seem to get fat after we marry them.....

lopburi3

Is it really the same usage?  Should be much more this time of the year.  What is the number of units used on each bill - that is the actual usage.

Expect your bills will have explanation of various charges?  At least here in Thailand they do.

Edited by lopburi3
littlejohn

Yea I had a thread on this a couple weeks ago. Drastically reduced our usage but the meter says we used the same. Everyone else we know had a massive increase in use with no change or less appliances. Still scratching our heads.

Edited by littlejohn
contraman

Just had a final reading done on my property. Got the shock of my life.

It appears the meter had not been read for over 3 years, all the bills were estimates :(

BTW, the was in OZ, but maybe thats whats happened.

The upside of my bill was there is legislation in force here that limits the utility companies to backdating 9 months only :yahoo:

littlejohn

Nope they read it every month here. And it is happening again this month.

RogerDuMond

Nope they read it every month here. And it is happening again this month.

Go in and ask them, probably get a better explanation than asking us.

• Like 2
Jawny

Our electricity bills had alway been high, so we weren't particularly surprised when it was even higher for a couple of months. However, we decided to mention it and even had a BIL call a couple of times to ask if someone would check out the meter. They came out, decided we had an older meter as well as a bad installation to the pole. The combination lead to higher readings. They replaced the meter and the lead to the power, no cost to us.

The older wires and connection they gave to us and we could see burning where the bad connection was made.

colemanlee

My bill is continually high, after the storm the wires and meter were replaced, thats good...the other night, we killed power for a couple of hours and watched the meter...nobody stealing power...I can only assume its the power we are using in this house...the house might be part of it as it was built in 76 or so and a lot of the wiring is old..(had fuse wire for breakers when I moved in) 

Ive lived here for two years now and would move but seems to be a waste of money as the next time I want it to be in our own house...(underway)

The bills here have run anywhere between 12k and 19k since January...more since the heat wave...guess you gota live with it

• Like 1
Hy H

For the last year...

First 10 months, within 50 pesos of 1.800 pesos.

Month 11, April,  2,450 pesos.

Month 12, May, 3,000 pesos.

That's over 65% increase in 2 months.

FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF USE????????

KonC

Had a look at my statements for past 12 months, here in Talisay  Cebu.  No much change, appears to be averaging between 10.8 to 11.8 pesos per kwh. 

Peso / Oz dollar exchange rate rather than VECO   has made it more expensive now than this time last year.   :twocents:

RogerDat

12k and 19k since January.

What are U cooling, I hope not a nipa hut?

Bills have a KW usage and price per KW. What nis your reading? 1521

I am cooling 85 SM and this is washer / dryer / fans /water pump / 2 friges using 764 KW at P6900.

smokey

What are U cooling, I hope not a nipa hut?

Bills have a KW usage and price per KW. What nis your reading? 1521

I am cooling 85 SM and this is washer / dryer / fans /water pump / 2 friges using 764 KW at P6900.

we use between 1,000 to 1,300 k or what ever they call it a  month depending on if I am having a hot flash.. it is what is  take the good with the bad   this usage give me bills between a low of 12 to a high of 19 sure I don't like it but that and 35 peso will get me a cup of coffee

RogerDat

Condo or house? I come over and do a audit on your house, and u make the changes I reccomend, and we split the saveings OK?

smokey

Condo or house? I come over and do a audit on your house, and u make the changes I reccomend, and we split the saveings OK?

savings my bedroom is over 45 sq meters and the unit to cool it is huge

thebob

savings my bedroom is over 45 sq meters and the unit to cool it is huge

Need that space just for the shoes?

• Like 4
smokey

Need that space just for the shoes?

I just figured if your going to be a fake millionaire do it with class

• Like 3