Motorcycle stolen.

woodchopper

i use a larger brass type lock,,sufficient to go thru the disc holes on the bike,,u need to measure the edge of disc to the hole and the hole size b4 purchase of the lock!

(i also think i heard a drunk foreigner say that naughty chinese and products are to be taken off GPS tracking),,, :killself: 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_Simple_Man

• cybersquat

• SkyMan

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just buy a Chinese brand motorcycle, best theft deterrent you can get

Did you go down to highway patrol by the capital and give them a report?  Our motor was stolen across from Foundation about 7 months ago and the cops had it back to us in 5 days - recovered on a side

A GPS tracker will not prevent it being stolen   It is better to have a lock that prevent it being stolen   here is one  light weight and not too big     one a little more bulky

Posted Images

cybersquat

My gf was told by locals to lock the steering column and it will discourage some thiefs. Doesn't work in many places where they have the valet type parking like robinsons. I always do this in the USA.

Locking the steering column may not be too effective with the small bikes (easy to pick up) found in the Philippines... but especially effective when you you have a heavy ST bike like mine (700 lb curb weight) that takes about 6 people to lift.

post-16842-0-28971200-1433032250_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
SkyMan

They will just pick the bike up an carry it away with any of the above.

Nobody's carrying my bike off.  

did not get his bike back but feels better now...
Why would that make you feel better?
contraman

Locking the steering column may not be too effective with the small bikes

Doesn't matter about the size of the bike, The lock is still the same size and can still be very easily punched. :)

cybersquat

Doesn't matter about the size of the bike, The lock is still the same size and can still be very easily punched. :)

Not on that bike... FOB protects the entire top of triple tree... Nothing to punch out...

A_Simple_Man

Just buy a Chinese brand motorcycle, best theft deterrent you can get

My motorcycle was one of 3 stolen that night (according to my chat with the police).  The one stolen just before mine was a Rusi.  I told the cop I was shocked that people steal Rusi's when you can't even sell them.  He said nothing.

• Like 2
Paul

He said the other guy, the officer, feels better. I can only imagine why. :D :D 

Locking the steering column may not be too effective with the small bikes (easy to pick up) found in the Philippines... but especially effective when you you have a heavy ST bike like mine (700 lb curb weight) that takes about 6 people to lift.

attachicon.gifSANY0003.JPG

You won't find many bikes like that, which end up stolen in the Philippines, for sure. 

A_Simple_Man

Those were some pretty brazen thief's considering there are tables outside where customers can see the side parking area.

Yeah, I was sitting at one of them, with some pretty large size friends!  But the bike was just a little bit around the corner and, as you said, they must have been pretty brazen (or drunk).  And I admit my friends and I were drinking some SMs and not paying attention to the parking area.  I had that false sense of security you get from sitting near you bike in a high end restaurant with an armed guard at the end of your fingertips.

• Like 4
smokey

Nobody's carrying my bike off.  

dont get mad get even 

A_Simple_Man

Did you go down to highway patrol by the capital and give them a report?  Our motor was stolen across from Foundation about 7 months ago and the cops had it back to us in 5 days - recovered on a side street in Daro with a punched ignition.

Yes I did, and also reported it to the local cops (you need to take them a copy of the report).  Good to hear yours was recovered and I hope for similar luck.  Did you offer anyone a reward of any kind?

For Real

my wife has a cousin who is in the PNP his bike was stolen and never recovered but he did find out who did it...   did not get his bike back but feels better now...

It's one thing to feel better again after being violated but I hope the PNP officer did his best to ensure the thief wouldn't steal anyone else's bike.
smokey

It's one thing to feel better again after being violated but I hope the PNP officer did his best to ensure the thief wouldn't steal anyone else's bike.

the thief is reformed and will never steal or ride again .

For Real

the thief is reformed and will never steal or ride again .

haleluya.
Irenicus

Yes I did, and also reported it to the local cops (you need to take them a copy of the report).  Good to hear yours was recovered and I hope for similar luck.  Did you offer anyone a reward of any kind?

Dang - I didn't even think of that.

Yeah, I would put a reward up on the Dumaguete Bid for Me - it's the page with 70,000 members in the area.

Good luck, man.

• Like 1
Irenicus

My motorcycle was one of 3 stolen that night (according to my chat with the police).  The one stolen just before mine was a Rusi.  I told the cop I was shocked that people steal Rusi's when you can't even sell them.  He said nothing.

One last thing:  The Highway patrol guy said that they recover about 30 percent of the stolen bikes.  I was skeptical about that but felt a little better when he called me later that week and matter of factly asked me to come down and pick up our stolen RUSI.

There's a bunch of younger estambays in our little neighborhood - they said that sometimes they get boosted for some joy riding.  A few of them gave each other knowing looks.

Again - hope you get it back.  It's just a bike, but a lot of times something as simple as that can have more value than what it's actually worth.  Even a RUSI.  :D

• Like 4