Onsite Aircon Service &Recharging in Talisay

Grey_O_Wolf

oztony
So, are you suggesting a full service visit from professionals to determine real problem and fix it? I am all for that

Well if it's not cooling as it used to , and you have already given it a good clean , sometimes due to vibration you may be unlucky enough to get a hairline fracture on welded joint ,

You need someone to stick a set of gauges on it when it is running and check the pressures , if your suction line (larger of the copper lines) is not nice and cool to touch ,

even a bit of sweat / condensate on the outside of the line , or like Pete said if there is icing on the coil you may have a gas issue.

Take Smokey's offer up on this one , it is more than reasonable , and certainly worth it to be comfortable in the heat 

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
Grey_O_Wolf

send me your number and I will have the guy who just serviced mine give you a call he charged 800 peso plus the Freon and its about 200 a kilo and should not need that much he also changed a bearing and a capacitor now all runs nice and cold

Thanks Smokey ... I sent you a PM.

Well if it's not cooling as it used to , and you have already given it a good clean , sometimes due to vibration you may be unlucky enough to get a hairline fracture on welded joint ,

You need someone to stick a set of gauges on it when it is running and check the pressures , if your suction line (larger of the copper lines) is not nice and cool to touch ,

even a bit of sweat / condensate on the outside of the line , or like Pete said if there is icing on the coil you may have a gas issue.

Take Smokey's offer up on this one , it is more than reasonable , and certainly worth it to be comfortable in the heat 

Thanks and I agree!

• Like 1
Raptor

To the a/c experts, whats the difference "cool 27 degrees" and "dry 27 degrees" settings?

Woolf

https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-conditioners/various-modes-for-running-air-conditioners-and-their-impact-on-electricity-bill.html

Dry Mode

There are days in a year when the comfort is low just because of the humidity. This happens more so in case you are located in a city that is closer to the sea. It also happens during monsoons. During those days just removing the humidity of the room provides a lot of comfort. Running the air conditioner in dry mode helps as it removes the extra humidity in the air. The fan runs at low speed and compressor is on for short duration in large cycles just to remove extra humidity. This surely is an electricity saving option during high humidity days as even the fan motor is running at a slow speed and even the compressor is on for smaller duration. The air conditioner does not blow a lot of cool air in this mode, as the intent is just to dry the air and not to cool the room.

As I read the above

The fan operates at a lower speed, giving the humidity longer time to condense on the cooling surface

You can still have the thermostat set at 27 c

If the room is above 27 c it will take longer for the room temp to go down than in cool mode with fan speed higher

With the humidity  lower the temp will feel lower

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
Raptor

So the only difference between Dry 27 degrees and Cool 27 degrees, is Dry has a slower fan, bringing less humid air from the outside in, I had no idea. From recent experience it's clear everyone should be using Dry mode, unless you're in a desert.

Woolf

So the only difference between Dry 27 degrees and Cool 27 degrees, is Dry has a slower fan, bringing less humid air from the outside in, I had no idea. From recent experience it's clear everyone should be using Dry mode, unless you're in a desert.

I hope that your aircon does NOT take air from the outside that would be very very costly

to cool hot air from outside

The aircon will recirculate the air in the room

• Like 1
Raptor

The aircon will recirculate the air in the room

Right, it just seemed counterintuitive that a slower fan speed will produce a dryer, more comfortable room, using less electricity too.