Onsite Aircon Service &Recharging in Talisay

Grey_O_Wolf

Grey_O_Wolf

I have a 2+ year old Window type Air conditioner that has served me well but now it probably needs a recharging. I am not getting much cold air.

It is a Sanyo Model SA-97 P. I would like someone to come to my home in Tangke, Talisay and service this unit. I have noticed a few adds and have found a couple no longer in the business, Does anyone out there know of  and/or recommend someone for this job? Also, any idea of the normal charge for this service?

Ozepete

It most likely only needs a good clean out. You should be able to do this yourself. (Check the manual or on-line)

Once cleaned, run the AC without the front panel fitted and if the coil only partly frosts then it is needing a gas leak repaired, evacuation and re-gas. But this is most unlikely being a sealed system.

• Like 4
Grey_O_Wolf

It most likely only needs a good clean out. You should be able to do this yourself. (Check the manual or on-line)

Once cleaned, run the AC without the front panel fitted and if the coil only partly frosts then it is needing a gas leak repaired, evacuation and re-gas. But this is most unlikely being a sealed system.

I have already done the clean-out personally a while ago, but now I think it needs a technician.

The sucker is heavy lifting it by myself up and down to the location on the second floor!  :biggrin_01:

Edited by Grey_O_Wolf
Davaoeno

1.5 hp    filling with new coolant  1800 pesos including labor [ had to be taken to the shop]

• Like 1
Grey_O_Wolf

1.5 hp    filling with new coolant  1800 pesos including labor [ had to be taken to the shop]

Hmmm... I had someone quote me 2500P but they had to come from Lapu Lapu. I thought they were nuts, but maybe not so much now... Ooppss...

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The sucker is heavy lifting it by myself up and down to the location on the second floor! :biggrin_01:

That's what your young wife/gf is for…

Grey_O_Wolf

That's what your young wife/gf is for…

Good point! She did help me get it upstairs when I installed it originally and cleaned it a while ago, but I would rather she used her 'energy' for other endeavours, and I need to 'conserve; mine!  :D

• Like 1
Davaoeno

GAB serviced our split type last year for 1800 pesos, but that entailed a 60 km one way trip out here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GAB-Airconditioning/182712821790383

did that include filling it with coolant ? mine had all bled out 

Tony is obviously the expert but when my coolant was low in my car they bled it all out into a tank, then put it back in plus topped it up - which cost less

Edited by Davaoeno
oztony

Ozepete is a fridgy also , and I suppose he like me see's a lot of the posts about A/C units leaking , and guy's saying it needs a top up , the reality is you need to find the leak , repair it , create a vacuum in the system and gas it up , otherwise your gas will just leak out again and you are back to square one. In this case with the OP having a window type a/c unit a leak is unlikely, Although we have come across units that have been undercharged from the factory , not often , but can happen , we call it a friday afternoon charge , as in knock off time close enough, 410A is a lot more critical on having the right charge for the unit to operate properly as opposed to the old r22 systems.

• Like 2
Grey_O_Wolf

GAB serviced our split type last year for 1800 pesos, but that entailed a 60 km one way trip out here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GAB-Airconditioning/182712821790383

I will take a look at those guys coming out to service my unit. I may be in that area in next couple of days. Maybe I should just get a Taxi and carry the dang thing there! LOL Do they accept walk-ins? 

Grey_O_Wolf

Ozepete is a fridgy also , and I suppose he like me see's a lot of the posts about A/C units leaking , and guy's saying it needs a top up , the reality is you need to find the leak , repair it , create a vacuum in the system and gas it up , otherwise your gas will just leak out again and you are back to square one. In this case with the OP having a window type a/c unit a leak is unlikely, Although we have come across units that have been undercharged from the factory , not often , but can happen , we call it a friday afternoon charge , as in knock off time close enough, 410A is a lot more critical on having the right charge for the unit to operate properly as opposed to the old r22 systems.

So, are you suggesting a full service visit from professionals to determine real problem and fix it? I am all for that. 

I am familiar with the Monday and Friday issues re assembly line workers. (Automotive plants used to be famous for that... never buy a car produced on a Monday or Friday.... That was quite a while ago though when I was in the business.)  :)

RogerDuMond

did that include filling it with coolant ? mine had all bled out

No, didn't need it, just a thorough cleaning and flush of the drain line.

Woolf

• Like 1
smokey

I have a 2+ year old Window type Air conditioner that has served me well but now it probably needs a recharging. I am not getting much cold air.

It is a Sanyo Model SA-97 P. I would like someone to come to my home in Tangke, Talisay and service this unit. I have noticed a few adds and have found a couple no longer in the business, Does anyone out there know of  and/or recommend someone for this job? Also, any idea of the normal charge for this service?

send me your number and I will have the guy who just serviced mine give you a call he charged 800 peso plus the Freon and its about 200 a kilo and should not need that much he also changed a bearing and a capacitor now all runs nice and cold

• Like 1